Chapter 1 - 2017

Young Nation Dorm

Kim Taehyung just finished taking a shower when he noticed that their puppy, Yeontan was sniffing around their room. He knew what that meant so he hurriedly changed into fresh clothes, quickly grabbed the puppy's leash and carried him out of the bedroom which he shared with his co-member and boyfriend, Jeon Jungkook.

Passing through the living room, he found his other co-member and hyung Choi Min-ho watching a movie. He told him that he was just going to walk Yeontan at the nearby park.

"Don't forget to wear a mask and your hoodie!" Min-ho said.

"Okiedokie, hyung!" Taehyung replied as he took out the mask from his coat pocket and grabbed a cap from the coat rack beside their front door.

As soon as he stepped out of the dorm, he placed Yeontan down and the two headed for the park.

Taehyung was happily humming to one of their songs when his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and smiled. It read, "Bunbun ❤️" so he immediately answered the call.

T: Hey bun, are you done with your PT session?

There was no answer from the other line so he kept on saying hello, until he heard Jungkook's voice, talking to someone.

"I still have thirty minutes until my PT session's supposed to end so you can have one more round."

"No fair. You're not even drinking." A man's voice said. Taehyung immediately recognized it as Cha Eun-woo's, a member of another KPop group and Jungkook's friend.

"Bro, you know I can't drink. Taehyung could smell alcohol a mile away, so no." Jungkook said.

"He still doesn't want you hanging around with us huh? How long are you planning to keep this from him?" Another voice said, but Taehyung wasn't sure whose voice it was this time.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him." Jungkook said and that one line shattered Taehyung's heart into pieces.   He felt that he's heard enough so he ended the call and stared at the screen.  His hand started to tremble and he didn't even realize that he was crying already until a tear fell on his phone screen.

He sat on the nearest park bench and tied Yeontan's leash on the arm rest. He placed both of his feet up and hugged his knees, letting the tears flow down his cheeks.

How long has he been lying to me?

He then started to think about the many times Jungkook would go to his "PT sessions" and do extra time at the "gym." His heart ached so much that he couldn't find himself going back to their dorm anytime soon. 

He looked around the park and remembered the impromptu picnic he had with Jungkook one night where they talked about things that they liked and hated the most. It was also the night when they became a couple.

FLASHBACK 2015

Both Taehyung and Jungkook were lying down on a picnic blanket, with the latter's head resting on his hyung's tummy.

"Okay hyung, name 5 things that you hate the most." Jungkook asked.

"Hmmm, five? I think that's too much. There's not much I hate cos you know how positive of a person I am, right? But, I can name three." Taehyung said.

"Let me guess, spicy foods, heights and being called names?" Jungkook said and Taehyung laughed.

"I don't hate those, bacause I would try them, accept them and face them once in awhile and it's okay. For me, when you say you hate something it means that you wouldn't compromise your principles for them. They're deal breakers for me." Taehyung seriously said.