Chapter 16 - SHINE

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were walking beside each other in a mall in Chicago, during the tenth leg of the BTS tour.  THey were both wearing face masks to avoid people from recognizing them.

However, Jungkook caught sight of a pair of paparazzi's following him and Taehyung.  He knew what they looked like, in fact Jungkook could already smell them a mile away.  He woukd usually be too cautious of his actions, but today he didn't really care that much considering he has something planned already. So, he decided to give the world a teaser.

Jungkook slipped an arm around his husband's waist, surprising Taehyung in the process.

"Bun, someone mught recognize you and take photos of us." Taehyung said.

"Let them. I don't want to hide anymore hubby hyung. We did that for two whole years when we were in Young Nation. And now that I don't have a dating ban anymore and I'm free to make my own decisions, I want to tell the whole world who I belong to."  Jungkook said.

"But, bun, your fans, they might turn against you if they know you're with someone now and worse, married...to a guy.  Are they ready for that?" Taehyung said.

"If they really love me like they say they do, shouldn't they be happy for me?  I wanna do things with you in public. I want to live a normal life like you do. Don't you want that for us, love?" Jungkook said.

"Of course I do, but let's face it. We are not in a normal situation. We will be forever hounded by paparazzis and fans. Sadly, there's so much hate in this world and coming out would mean that we could  be victims of that." Taehyung said.

"Then, let's spread love. I love you, hubby hyung. And I want to show the world how much I do. I don't care what they say and if someone dares to hurt you, you know I would be here to protect you...and so would them." Jungkook gestured towards their bodyguards who were scattered around the mall dressed normally so as not to attract attention.

"Where in the world did you get much confidence. If I remember it correctly, you were more cautious of your actions before and would panic when I suddenly hug you or get close to you. All you could do was stare at me." Taehyung said.

"Yeah, and look at what happened? Fans still noticed me staring at you all the time. As if I was doing it on purpose. I just can't stop looking at your beautiful face." Jungkook said, chuckling.

Taehyung blushed. While he was worried about the whole situation, he loved how Jungkook is treating him ay the moment, deep inside. He's touched by the younger's gesture so while the latter's arm sat comfortably on his waist, Taehyung leaned his head on Jungkook's shoulder while they were walking.

Jungkook could hear camera shutters behind him and for the first time in his life, he didn't mind at all. All he could think about was the warmth of his husband beside him.

💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄💄

Concert day came and Taehyung was putting make up on Jungkook while sitting on his lap. 

"You two are so disgutingly sweet." Yoongi said while his own makeup artist was doing his makeup.

Jungkook and Taehyung laughed at his comment.

"But, it's much easier this way, Yoongi hyung." Taehyung said as he giggled.

"Oh really, Tae? Yoongs, would you mind if I have noona sit on my lap too?" Jimin said, earning a gentle smack in the head from his makeup artist.

"It was a joke, noona!" Jimin said.

"Serves you right." Yoongi said glaring at Jimin while everyone in the room laughed.