Chapter 18: Good in Bed

A/N: I double uploaded, my lovely chans. This chapter is my treat for going two whole weeks without a chapter. Enjoy this little recess from the law. Court will be back in session next chapter!

Click clack. Stomp stomp. Webbed feet covered by luxurious balenciussy boots.

Duo's soaking up the sun at the beach. His baby birds (toes) are spread in his boots that are spread in the sand. He's sipping his Sprite on the rocks just thriving. Outsiders on the beach see him from a distance and as a result, they distance themselves in fear that he will retaliate against them for their lack of language practice. Good choice. Duo thinks to himself. While Duo is on vacation, he will still ensure any one near him will hear his notification to practice their languages. He recognizes this is not exactly pleasant to the general public though. He will let them get away this time, as long as they don't come within a 10 ft radius of Duo.

(A/N: I verified that Duo is a boy who goes by he/him via Google because I wasn't sure tbh.)

There's somebody still in Duo's perimeter... a lady. Is Duo Hallucinating? He feels like she's got him in Love Again. It's almost as if he's Levitating (non-Dababy version) (boku no sensou mashup version). God, I hope she won't Break My Heart, he thinks.

Duo is getting ahead of himself. He doesn't even know if she's practicing her language lessons. He's got New Rules when it comes to love:

One: don't pick up the phone. You know she's only skipping her streaks all alone.

Two: don't let her in. You'll have to notify her again.

Three: don't be her friend. You know you'll have to be her language teacher in the morning.

And if you're not language teaching, you aren't worth anything.

With that depressing outlook on love, Duo prepares himself for the worst. He stands up, heading towards the direction of this mysterious dame, his balenciussys kicking up the sand. Despite the loud chh chh sound of Duo's glide on the sand, the lady pays him no mind. She's looking down intensively on her phone. Duo peers over her shoulder, in a terrifying way.

Picture that owl's shadow behind you while you sit on the beach with his loud beak breathing. He's ready to notify you at any second that you're losing your 5 day streak of learning the Japanifornian dialect. Duo's pretty scary in general, but he also committed crimes. He has a criminal record for kidnapping, I heard. He also wields a powerful knife collection that he allegedly used in his attempt at murdering Sho Fuwa. I think he's deserving of love because he pays child support to Scrub Daddy. Plus, killing Sho Fuwa is tasteful. (A/N: Sho Fuwa is the ugly blonde bastard in Skip Beat! RAT!)

When Duo, young maidenless, peered over the young maiden's shoulder, he did not expect to see something so ... invigorating. She is simply completing her 999 day streak of learning Greak like from the county, Grease.

"Hey, why don't you take a break from language lear-" Duo cuts himself off in shock. He has never said something so controversial. This is so unlike him. He is worthless without his teachings... or so he thinks! He is actually so much more wahhh.

"Oh... I'm sorry Sir. I'm just about to finish my 999 day streak in Gre-" the damsel also cuts herself off when she notices who just spoke to her. A man she respects so much. He has taught her so many things. "Oh! You've taught me many things!"

Embarrassed by her admission, she drops her phone into the sands. They both immediately reach down to pick it up, feathers brushing fingers, and they both freeze. Duo turns, a pink tint peeking through his plumage, and finds the damsel looking at him with an identical expression. He gently picks up her device, and holds it aloft to her betwixt two feathers.