Part 1

Possible TW's include mentions of abuse

-Regulus's POV-

Regulus stood on the train tracks immersed in deja vu. It felt like he was back to last year, standing at platform 9 and 3/4, looking at his brother and his friends. Realizing as Regulus heard Sirius calling Potter his brother that he was now officially second best or third best or not on the list at all. That now that Sirius had run away they had officially lost all connection possible.

Of course Sirius still tried. Well at first. But he didn't understand. While he lived at the black manor rules were something Sirius automatically broke. It was a continuous cycle. Sirius broke the rules, his parents got mad, Sirius got punished and year later Regulus still woke up hearing the screams.

It was different for Regulus though. Before Sirius left he would get punishments but they were few and far between at that. After Sirius ran away though...

They were frequent and and worse than either Sirius or himself had ever experienced.

" Regulus!" someone called out.

He awoke from his daze and looked up. It was Barty. Regulus walked over to him and hugged him. "How bad?" he whispered into his ear. "Not as bad as last break" Regulus whispered back. Barty nodded understanding. He would perform healing spells back at the dorm.

As they found their normal compartment Regulus noticed something too late. They walked in and his brother looked up.

"What are you doing here?!" He said, glaring at Barty and Regulus as they stepped in.

"Performing dark rituals." Regulus retorted sarcastically.

Before this became a brawl though, Barty stepped in. "We were just leaving." He said looking at Regulus sharply before grabbing his arm and pulling him out.

Pandora was waiting in a different compartment and could sense something was off immediately as they came in. She looked at Regulus and then patted the seat next to her for him to sit on. Regulus sat down and leaned his head on her shoulder sighing and closing his eyes.

"Do you wanna talk?" she said kindly glancing down at him.

Regulus didn't respond he simply shook his head and hoped she and Barty would accept that answer for now.

- time skip cause im lazy-

The great hall buzzed with chatter as everyone sat and ate along their proper house tables. All the poor first years welcomed the food after having to stand and wait to be sorted. Regulus welcomed it too after a whole break of barely any food due to my parents. As he ate he looked across the tables all the way to gryffindor.

Regulus's brother was sitting on the table gazing dreamily at boy Regulus believed to be called Lupin. He was extremely tall, and atop his head he had short, dirty blond hair. Long scars stretched across his face. Regulus knew he had them all along his body considering his certain activities during the full moon each month. He had figured out Lupin was a werewolf two years ago but to everyone else he was sure the scars and towering height seemed a little odd.

To his left were two girls. One had dark skin and even darker long hair and the other was blond and had on intricate eyeliner. Sitting across the table from them was a heavyset boy ( I wanted to describe peter in a way that wasn't rude but I didn't know how to well so I hope that's ok) who seemed intent on something Sirius had just said. Regulus remembered his name to be Peter Pettigrew. Next to him was a girl with dark bronze skin and short curly hair who was in a conversation with someone at the ravenclaw table.

On the right to the Lupin boy was was Lily Evans. Everyone knew who she was because of her amazing grades. Oh and the amount of flirting that Potter did with her. Oh and looky there. Right next to her was the king himself flirting with (suprise, suprise) Lily Evans. He was wearing a collared shirt, his tie not even tied, just hanging loosely around his neck. As Potter was talking his hair would bounce up and down making it even messier. But messy in a good way. Like how it might look after a good sha-

Ugh! What the hell was Regulus thinking, That's James bloody Potter. His brother's best friend. Whom he hated. Who STOLE Regulus's brother from him. He had to get him out of his bloody hea-

"Oi!" Mulciber shouted at Regulus as he looked up, "You hear me!?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah, carry on," he lied pretending that those thoughts never happened. Until someone whispered in Regulus's ear, "What, gazing at Potter?"

Regulus spun around quickly ready to deliver a retort when he saw it was only Barty. "Oh, shut up," Regulus said, blushing.

"Oh so I was right!" He said arrogantly. "You are pining for Potter!"

"No. I'm not." He said, the humor in Regulus's voice gone.

He shrugged and Regulus was about to continue arguing when he saw it was time to go to their dorms for the night.