Did I Stutter?

"don't go... Dear, please"

"dad... This war, it'll let you- us, sleep peacefully at night."

"I don't care if I sleep peacefully at night! (y/n)... Please, you're my only flesh and blood... Please..."

"dad... I promise, one last war... And I'll stay, forever"

"fine. Make sure you come back in one piece, alright?"

"okay, dad..."

"don't forget to sleep and eat properly, dear"

"yes father, I will"

.....

Law was currently checking some papers in his office when he heard a loud 'thud' along with probably papers falling to the ground

He hummed and stood up before opening the door and saw (y/n), one of his crew, the clumsiest person, and wears glasses.

Her hair was a slight mess today as she picked up the papers and kept fixing her glasses.

"(y/n)-ya? Are you alright?" law asked as he helped her pick up the paper she dropped.

"huh? Oh, uh... Yeah!" she answered as she hummed before picking the papers up, quickly.

"sorry about the noise for a moment sir uhm... Oh right, these are the papers you asked...?" she looked at the papers

"didn't I ask... Never mind, bring them in" he said coldly as she did so

"uhm... According to what she said, these papers are.... Medical papers?" (y/n) questioned what she's looking at.

"give," law simply said as he took a paper, "yes... These are the papers alright, thank you for giving these to me"

(y/n) bowed slightly

"sometimes I forget you're almost as tall as me" law muttered.

(y/n) is 6'2, while law is 6'3.

Some of the crew jokes about law complaining about the height difference and makes a joke between him liking her or him wanting to be on the superiority complex part.

Well, the jokes and opinions are split between law having a romantic 'crush' on (y/n) and law just being annoyed that (y/n) is so clueless when things go south.

But in reality, law doesn't know what he feels, both irritation and somewhat closeness to (y/n).

No, wait.

He's frustrated.

Anyway, (y/n) was organizing thee papers again as he watched her despite him having his face covered with the book he's currently reading.

(y/n) hummed slightly as she fixed the stack of papers to be perfectly lined with each other.

"there~ I believe I'm done here, is there anything you want me to do? If not, I shall take my leave..." (y/n) hums as she placed the stacked papers on one corner of his desk.

"no, I have nothing for you to do. Thank you" law nods as (y/n) hummed a small 'okay' before leaving

Law stared at the closed door for about 30 seconds before squealing in frustration to himself.

This was so out of character of him, even he himself thinks that.

Later...

(y/n) was in the lab, testing out some liquids as she mixed them and getting different reactions.

Law knocked on the door, scaring her and making a huge explosion.

"(y/n)-ya?!" law yelled as he entered the room and saw (y/n) coughing a bit

"I'm fine, just... Don't do that again" (y/n) muttered as she picked up the shards of glass on the floor and throwing them on the garbage can.

She then removed her goggles to replace them with her glasses and dusted herself before removing her used glasoves and disposing of them properly.

"yes sir?" (y/n) asked as soon as she took off her lab coat.

"we've reached the island, I came to get you, what were you doing anyway?" he asked as he helped her clear up.

"it's nothing... I thought two noble gasses... It's preferably a fail" (y/n) laughs and wipes the counter

Law accidentally placed his hand on top of hers

He froze instantly like ice and started fidgeting, almost like insane shivering.

(y/n) looked at his hand then at him

"are you cold, captain?" (y/n) asked

"n-no" he coughed.

She hums slightly.

Later...

They met up with the straw hat pirates at a restaurant nearby to plan their next move after defeating Kaido.

Luffy, being the sweet sunshine, suggest they go to somewhere fun.

His crew, used to his antics, just agreed.

Law was annoyed, to say the least.

His ally was way too sunny for him

'at least (y/n) isn't like him... She's a bit considerate... Wait-- what am I thinking?!' law thought to himself

"to. Ra. O!!" luffy yelled in his ear making law curse.

"what?!"

"let's go! Let's go! Let's gooooo!" luffy pouted as (y/n) laughed

"calm down Mr. Luffy, my captain gets irritated easily due to his lack of sleep and excessive stress levels... Please do be cautious or he'll have no problem cutting your limbs off and laugh maniacally while doing so" (y/n) smiled innocently.

Well, truth be told, (y/n) loves to use gore in her words to describe people.

Everyone was pale by what she said, only luffy wasn't because he was confused and law was grinning like a madman.

And another truth be told, law would definitely do that and he's already imagining it now.

"what?" luffy asked.

"I just said to not anger him... He's such a hot head sometimes" (y/n) muttered to luffy as he agreed with a nod

"I know right? Haha" (y/n) laughs

"why is he though?"

"he doesn't sleep enough"

'I swear to fucking- they're gossiping about me right in front of me' law thought.

"I heard there's an ice cream parlor around here... Let's go and have some ice cream!" (y/n) cheered

"yeah!!"

At the parlor~...

(y/n) ate her ice cream fairly sad.

Oh how she missed eating ice cream with her father.

The stupid stories he would tell, unbelievable or not, they were entertaining.

"(y/n)-ya?" law called.

"what? Oh... Did I miss something?" (y/n) asked

"you just looked like you were going to kill" law said

"o-oh? I apologize, I just remembered something"