Chapter Four

Summertime in Delaware,

John Adams spent his time sunbathing in his swimming shorts as Thomas Jefferson is sitting next to him. "My oh my John, you look hotter than usual," "Why Thank you Thomas dear," John said. "And not only that, you look very lovely," "Same here John. Apparently, I've been looking forward to spend a romantic relaxation at the beach with you," They were having a moment of romance and yet, John Adams had convinced Thomas Jefferson that he wanted him to spend the rest of his life together with the person that he loved. "Thomas, I hope that you will stay with me for eternity and forever," "Huh? What makes you think of that John?" He followed. "Well, some people have partners in their life but somehow, things can turn out to be a very bad idea," Thomas made it clear that he will be with John Adams. "Of course! I'm staying with you John. What's important is that you're going to marry me before all of us will run for public office and other than that, you would find someone that will be a running mate and that's me,"

John began to tear up. "What did I do to deserve to have a lovely fiancé like you?" "Oh come on John, I love you no matter what, even though you can be so rough and uncanny sometimes," Thomas Jefferson teared up as well. John held him on the palms of his hand expressing the love that he had for him. "My dearest Thomas Jefferson, I've wanted to be your husband for a long time and despite of our height differences, we're still a couple no matter what. I knew for a fact that I counted many days to be your husband and a provider to you," It made Thomas Jefferson tear up profusely when he made a remark about wanting to buy the hour of his time building his relationship with him. "Ever since Martha and your parents had passed I didn't want to see you suffer and I wanted to make sure that you were not alone no matter what I will never stop becoming your partner and a fiancé you've ever dreamed off,"

He wiped the tears on his face. "Oh John, I'm so proud of you, being the fiancé to me was the greatest gift for all and whenever I had to grieve, you were there to build me up and I commend you for that," "Awwww, you're so sweet Thomas." His voice whispered. "I always knew you would count on me," They both giggled at the end and then finished the conversation with a kiss on the lips. "I love you John Adams," He replied. "I love you too Thomas Jefferson," John said the same thing. He wrapped his arm around John Adams' neck while sitting on his lap.

1 week later,

John Adams was in New York while Thomas Jefferson spend his weekends in Mt. Vernon, Virginia in George Washington's home. He was there helping him with the house work and laundry. However, he started to miss his fiancé. "You okay there Sir?" Martha Washington asked. "You seem lonely," "Oh it's nothing Ma'am, I just miss my fiancé," He sighs. "I'm sure he'll be back soon. Just hang in there, my husband will be taking you for a tour of duty," He reluctantly agrees, but went on without John Adams being present. In fact, he would be by John's side during the State of the Union and Dinner. If Only John Adams was around with me, I would always want to join him no matter what. Somehow, it made him concern if John would be cheating on Thomas Jefferson with Alexander Hamilton and the rest of the founding fathers. Not only that, he knew he had to endure his fiancé's absence.

No matter how many times he would go out to restaurants and city halls, he still thinks of John Adams. The papers had flown on the floor and began to cry. "Mr. Jefferson, what's the matter?" Alexander Hamilton went to him. "This isn't helping, I miss my Johnny," James Madison came to him along with Dolly. "We all miss John Adams too Mr. Jefferson, I know how you feel about missing your partner," "It's all my fault, I should know better not to let him go to the tour in New Hampshire because of me," "It's not your fault, he just needs some time," Everyone gathered around and tried to console the weeping 6'2" man until John Adams arrived just in time to cheer him up. "Thomas Jefferson my love!" He ran to him. "I'm so sorry, I should've not done that to abandon you," "It's not your fault John, I know you always wanted to go on tour, I just don't want you to cheat on me," "No darling, I wouldn't do that. I love you and you are my sunshine to me," He wiped the tears on TJ's face. "I just didn't know what to do and I'm so sorry," "I understand my love," He said.

That night,

John Adams had the lantern on while Thomas clutched the pillow next to him. "Oh Thomas, aren't you in bed?" "Uh no I'm just waiting because I miss you so much," "Thomas, you know I'm already here." He chuckled. "Well someone's missing my scent," "Yeah right!" He went to John. John swept him off of his feet. "Johnny, I'm excited to be your partner in just a few short weeks," Thomas Jefferson laughs happily. "All I wish for is to be with you," He made a French kiss to John on the lips. "And not only that, I'm excited to be your Vice President in the next 12 years," "Oh wow! After all this time, if I were to be President, you could be my running mate right?" "Of course you maniac! I'm going to be your Running mate and soon when you become a President, I'll be your Vice President and a partner you've ever wanted," "Could've said any better Thomas, I know I could count on you," They went to bed after he helped John with finishing the congressional assignments in order for Ben Franklin to sign it.

Thomas Jefferson POV:

John Adams is a natural treasure and he means a lot to me. In fact, having him was the greatest gift of all and I'm so glad that he was back to Philadelphia after his short trip to Delaware. He knew that I wanted him to come home so that he can spend time with me. Yet, just an announcement, I am excited to be his husband/wife. Not just the Husband and wife matter, but his Vice President as well. John and I will look forward to starting our journey as a dynamic duo and husband and wife. Actually I can hardly wait to be an Adams. I'm soon to be Thomas Jefferson-Adams 💍.

John Adams POV:

Thomas Jefferson is the reason why I admire his personality and his charisma. He knew that I wanted to come home to him. In fact, I am very excited to be the husband to him, not just a husband, but his President as well. We are looking forward to starting our journey as a couple working as a President and Vice President. Yet, I am going to marry this lovely person in my life. Although, I'm not sure where to get married either his hometown or my hometown. Anyways, I'm going to leave this on here.