Chapter Seven

1 week before the wedding,

Thomas Jefferson placed his feet on John Adams lap while they were chilling at the plantation. "Have you ever thought about living in a farm when you were a child?" "Johnny," He stepped on John's foot. "Ow! What was that for?" John asked. "How on earth did you know that my parents and I were growing up in a farm?" "Well, I just want to get to know about your life when you were young," "John, you don't have to be so personal. Of course! I did grow up in a farm, but we grew up in the Shaldwell Plantation. It must've been hard because we barely have any money since Mama and Papa were coming home late and I've dealt with it a lot with my siblings," "Oh, so that's how you guys managed is that right?" "Yeah," He nodded. "It was very tough until I started studying law," "Does that mean you're going to hold me in contempt?" "Oh stop it Johnny, I'm everything you need, A lawyer, Statesperson whatever occupation I'm into. But let me tell you how I got there because I bet I would've taken it into my own hands that I was really uncanny for. No doubt about it," "So in that case, we live in the same boat Thomas, I bet you knew anything about the Plantation," "Yeah right!" Thomas starts laughing. "Being a farmer and a planter, we have everything in common you know?" "I know, but John, I love spending my summer romance with you in Delaware. You know? If you want to go to New York then we could go to New York," "New York?" He asked again. "Yes you dimwit, We've been in New York many times," Thomas replies. "But I'd rather spend the Summer time in Delaware and Virginia with you," "Oh I didn't know you wanted to spend time in Delaware and Virginia in the summer," "Yeah that's what I thought and I can't be sitting on my bottom all day,"

The next day,

John Adams was in the living room with his soon to be bride but it's a male. Thomas Jefferson would make a coffee for him so he could get ahead. "Here's your coffee honey," "Thanks darling," "You know nobody made coffee for me, right?" "Oh wow! What happened?" "Well I used to have a partner that makes coffee but then he died before I met you," "Wow, I am very sorry for your loss hon," "Thanks Thomas I don't know what I would do if it wasn't for you," "You know I had a partner as well, but she passed away," "We both have partners that passed away John, but I know they wouldn't want us to suffer anymore, so you and me decided that we will have to make arrangements instead," "What kind?" "Apparently, we already did and I was very amazed that we will have a future together," John Adams promised to take the matters into his consideration if Thomas Jefferson had agreed to proceed the marriage. Yet, Thomas Jefferson will have to go by Thomas Jefferson-Adams when he marries his constituent. The caretaker went to see the couple, so was the sister Lucy. Lucy Jefferson noticed how her brother was not close to her after the marriage, but John knows that Thomas should've been there for her. Although, it worked perfectly when he encouraged her sons to be involved in studies.

"Thomas seems to be very helpful and smart. Not only that, he is growing closer to you when it comes to marrying him," "Oh Lucy, I am going to marry Thomas Jefferson," John said excitedly. "He is such a stunning person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and begin the future together," "Well He's lucky to have you that's for sure," "So what's next Hon?" Thomas follows. "Let's shop for the wedding dress before your big day," At that moment, they were planning to purchase the wedding dress. (Thomas Jefferson had picked the fashion style that V of BTS usually wears on stage) "How do I look?" He comes out of the dressing room when he tried on the wedding dress that had the broadcloth pants and a white top with the ruffles. Also the bridal veil adds up the long tail to where he's standing up. "You look like a Queen Thomas!" "Why thank you hon, this is what I wanted for our wedding day," "I bet you will because you were going to be walking in the aisle with your sister," "Oh stop! Of course, she will walk with me whenever," He chuckled. After trying on wedding attires, he chose the dress that he would wear on his wedding day. His sister picked it and then ended up purchasing the dress afterwards. At this time, his sister was preparing to go on with the wedding plans and the guests were coming in to attend the wedding of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.

"Queen Thomas, I bet it would suit him better," "Lucy can you not do that?" He elbowed his sister when he was teased by her about him being The King and The Queen. "You can call me that but I'm embarrassed by that," "It's okay Brother, I get it. Yet, you're going to be a bride soon and you have to remember that because John Adams is going to be your husband soon," It got to the point that Thomas Jefferson would have his daily routine as a bride. He was nervous at first because he didn't know what the traditions were once the family of John Adams makes several arrangements to have Thomas Jefferson as their son/daughter in law. They may be wondering how John had met the match knowing that they have their occupations in common.

Many others in Thomas Jefferson's extended family had wondered how he will able to cope as a bride knowing that John Adams had a chance to be his groom. It's not the arranged marriage because John knew that Thomas was his love interest and everyone in George Washington's Acquaintances had known that, so was Ben Franklin's. Being a Virginian Man, he was always capable to do anything even if John Adams had struggled to make progress and asked him for an advice. In the meantime, the Adams and Jefferson family were confident that Thomas and John will be living in together as a couple before jumping in to run for public office. "Well to tell you this, I know I have to make the first steps as a bride when you think about it because I wouldn't have it the other way if it wasn't for John Adams," He explained to his family. "It was a shocker because I thought John wasn't going to be someone that I looked up to, but guess what? He is. Even when I was widowed, John Adams decided to do something that changed my life," "That's excellent Thomas!" Anna Scott Smiles. "You can do this and John Adams is very lucky to have," "Thank you Anna, it means a lot," Next, they were given a lot of presents for the bridal shower. Mary, the sister of Thomas Jefferson will be the ones to officiate the wedding.

"You know, my brother is going to be the bride soon and I'm drying my eyes out," Mary sobs. "Mary it's alright," John Adams comforts her. "Because you're happy to see your own brother getting married to me. Thomas Jefferson is such a lovely person and no worries, I will not end my relationship with him because I love him," "I love you Johnny," Thomas said softly. "And I will always be there for you," Their day ended when the couple thanked them for coming to the Bridal shower. Little did Thomas Jefferson know that he will officially become an Adam.