Chapter Six

The bridal shower in Monticello,
May 7, 1789
1:30pm,

John Adams went to the crowd and said. "This is the man I was talking about everyone. The person he knows about everything that would make me feel better. When it comes to Government issues etc. My partner and I will work on it together," The lady was ecstatic. "Oh wow that's really brilliant and congratulations by the way," "Thank you," He said. "So my brother Thomas Jefferson is soon to be bride huh?" Lucy, the Sister of Thomas Jefferson asked. "Yep that's right." John chuckled. "Even though, he's taller than me he will always be the most adoring man I've ever met," "Oh wow! Please treat him right or else I'll straighten you up," "Lucy, you know I'll do what I can to make him feel good," "I'm just playing with you," She teased. "You know Tommy, John Adams is a good man, he should know better to treat you," "Okay, you're going way too far Lucy," Thomas laughs. "I get it Thomas," She laughed again along with her brother. "My Mama, Papa, my siblings and I will always be there for you and John Adams if you both need anyone to talk to," She was teary eyed. "You know my brother is going to the soon to be bride and I am looking forward to attend the wedding," She went to her brother. "You know Mama and Papa would be proud of you," He wiped the tears on his face. "I know Lucy, they would since they were fine with my relationship with John Adams,"

George Washington and His wife and kids showed up at Monticello, congratulating the couple. "Thank you Everyone!" John Adams appreciated the congratulations from George Washington. "You know Thomas Jefferson is the reason why I became proud to be his fiancé no matter what it takes for me to be his husband. Not just my partner, but my Secretary of State." Thomas started elbowing him on the arm. "John seriously?" "Bless me hon. I didn't know that," He teases. "Well I already know because you were the ones that would always sweep me off of my feet. Listen, I haven't had flowers from you when we first met," "You were that kind of a shy person dating back in the early 1760s when we were in Philadelphia studying together," John had known anything about Thomas Jefferson during the rainy days in Philadelphia in the 1760s. "Even though you were rough on me love, you could argue with me, start fight with me and disagree with me all you want, but I would do anything to be with you," "Well you were rough on me when we first met, you were stern, mean and a bully sometimes," "How do you know that I was a bully?" John asked. "You made fun of me, you called me names and you made fun of my height knowing that I was too tall for you," Thomas explained the reasoning that John Adams was once a bully to him before their first meeting and then becoming a couple. "Even when you apologize to me for bullying me, I realized I wanted to make something that was missing: Falling in love with you," Thomas Jefferson had tears in his eyes. He was very contented when John Adams was able to turn his life around after he bullied his friend because he was too tall, so now that he knows, he will always be the ones to be spending the rest of the life with. However, he was laughing.

"Wow! To be honest, It's like I don't even know who This new John Adams is anymore," "Okay hon, now you're going way too far!" He laughed. "Anyways, I've been thinking of going to the wedding reception since I'd Rather spend our honeymoon in Monticello," "Right! I love being in Monticello," John said. When the guests had come over to celebrate the bridal shower. John Adams had told the story about Thomas Jefferson. At that moment, he was telling to his family about how sorry he was for bullying Thomas Jefferson. "I was a bully to Thomas Jefferson when we first met because I was unhappy with my own life. Well, It had nothing to do with him, but I was in love with him because he was intelligent and kind, he was all about beauty and brains and the ladies and men were gathering to be with him. That's why I was able to turn my life around, thanks to him,"

"John, you have no idea how proud you are as a person and I really applaud you for that," He smiled. "From a bully to now, I am so impressed! I mean for the Love of Democracy, I am in love with the bully," "Okay Thomas, now you're going way too far on that," "What? Are you crazy? Well of course not! I'm in love," He knew where he would be if John were to follow suit. But somehow, John wanted to ask him out on a date so he did.

During the bridal shower,

Many guests were celebrating the date of the pre-wedding day. (Okay I've been watching Senorita by Shawn Mendes and Camilla Cabello, but I wanted to picture it in my mind that they were having an ideal date, full of kisses, cuddles etc. so I would have the Engelbert Humperdinck songs instead to fantasize their romantic love) Thomas Jefferson was spotted socializing with his family and friends about the wedding plans. Although, they are going to find a wedding dress in Philadelphia since the wedding is 6 weeks away. "I can't believe my cousin is going to get married," "Well John Adams is a good man, a man that taught me everything," He said. "Even when he was rough on me when we first met, we were able to turn our lives around," They were fascinated with the love story and yet, the relationship were feeling strong ever since.