Chapter 1: Twisted Wonderland Is That A New Region?

The flock of Starlys flies through the baby blue sky under the shining sun. Mika hums while brushing Yukina, her Alolan Ninetales while keeping cool under the shady tree.

    "All done, Yuki," Mika said with a smile on her face as Yukina turned and nuzzled her snout to her trainer's cheeks, making Mika giggle.

    "Nine! Ninetales!"

    "Yukina that tickles!"

    The laughter ceased when she heard a deep voice coughed, the two looked up and see the stoic expression on Professor Rowan's face.

    "Oh, do you need some—?"

    Mika cut herself off as she felt some weight on her lap, she pulled her attention away from the older man and looked in front of her which was Chimchar, Piplup, and Turtwig.

     "Chim!"

    "Piplup!"

    "Turt Turtwig."

    "Ah, right it's lunchtime," Mika said while the Professor nodded his head.

    "Yes, as usual, they wanted to eat together with the rest of the Pokémon here. So they can play with them as well. So as always put them back in their Poké balls, Mika. After all, a new trainer is coming by to pick their starter Pokémon tomorrow." He stated, holding out the three starters' red and white spheres.

Mika takes it, "You can count on me, Professor." She replied back.

Despite her busy schedule as Champion of the Sinnoh Region, she helps out in any way she can. Although today was her day off, she decided to play and take care of not only her Pokémon but also the starters at the lab. Professor Rowan knew full well that their regional champion didn't have to feed the starters as the other assistants could do it. However, the starters grew attached to Mika though if memory serves him back when Mika was 10 years old after picking Chimchar as her starter. Much to Piplup and Turtwig's disappointment, there were two wild Eevees dragging a little red toy wagon filled with water with Feebas flopping inside at the front entrance of the lab. It was quite a unique experience in his opinion.

"Yes, well of course. If you need me I'll be inside." Professor Rowan stated while walking back inside the building.

Mika got up with Chimchar sitting on her right shoulder while Piplup was on the other, as Turtwig was in her arms. Until a vintage oval mirror with a golden frame appeared in front of her causing Mika to jump back, "What in Arceus's name? Is this Palkia or Hoopa's doing? Wait no that can't be it either. It does remind me of the Reveal Glass but that's not it either..." She wondered while leaning closer to the mirror as dark clouds shrouded inside the mirror. Only for it to fade away with green flames engulfing inside the reflector.

"Ah, my lovely Lady,

The noble and beautiful of evil,

You are the most beautiful, number one in this world." The deep voice in the mirror spoke as Mika's eyes widened.

Is this one of Gengar's and Romy's pranks? Or is this a new type of Pokémon that can speak the human language? She wondered.

"Gengar and Romy! Stop this right now!" She demanded the two of her Pokémon that she expected would come out but they didn't.

"Hm, so it's not them then... Ro, is this a new Pokémon?" She asked as her pink Rotom phone came out of her jean pants pocket immediately floating in front of her.

"No. It is not," Ro replied.

"No!? Then how did it get here?" Mika questioned.

"I'm sorry the answer to your question is not available." The feminine robotic voice answered.