Chapter 7.5: Pokémon 101 & Getting To Know Your Partners!

Once the last class rolled in, everyone sat down alongside with their Pokémon. Mika was front and center of the lecture hall. She asked Deuce and Ace for the starter Pokémon's Poké balls. Then she explained to everyone about Ro being a nickname she gave to one of her Pokémon called Rotom. And how Rotom is able to take in multiple forms much to their surprise. Though Idia, and his little brother Ortho were fascinated by the Pokémon, and how helpful it would be for their dorm house.

After that, Mika gave her introduction, "Hiya, everyone. Most of you know who I am but for those who don't I'm Mika Suzuki and I'll be your Magical Creatures Professor but also known as Pokémon Professor. For today's lesson I'll be giving the introduction of my world."

She then gave a repeat of what Pokémon are and how humans in her world co-exist with them. Then she talked about how many Pokémon there are so far in her world. Next was about Poké balls and how it's not advanced summoning magic or magic in general. She shows the inside which is just a hollow metal. Then she gave an example by summoning her Gardevoir.

"Now here are some spares that I have. Just tap the ball on your partners' head." Mika instructed them, as Gardevoir used psychic to send the spare Poké balls to everyone. To which everyone did as they were told but were still shocked by this tool being advanced.

"Now call them out of their balls." She said, as they did what she instructed and all their partners appeared out of the balls.

Mika smiled, "Great now, in order to own a Pokémon. You have to have to be a Pokémon trainer which is the main occupation in my world. Though there are different types of trainers, I'll talk about that another day. Now in order to become a Pokémon Trainer you have to apply for a Pokémon trainer license. Depending on the nine regions, which are called Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar, and Paldea. Since I'm from the Sinnoh region, kids at the age of ten can first legally apply for the license and then they can start their journey and get their first Pokémon."

"Wait at the age of ten?! Isn't that young? And a journey for what exactly!?" Riddle questioned.

The girl explained, "Mmm, I guess but I don't up the rules. A journey is learning to live and work with your Pokémon by traveling across the region. It can also be focused on a battling 8 Pokémon Gyms, then defeating the Elite Four and the regional champion to become a new region."

"Champion? So you can become the leader of that region?" Azul asked.

Mika shook her head, "No, being champion isn't like being the ruler of the nation. Being champion is becoming the most famous face in Trainer history. Champions are of course well respected and treated like celebrities. They can also be looked at as the protector of the region, mentors and can endorse other trainers. Not only that, they are responsible for attending meetings with the Pokémon League which could pertain to new elite four members as well as gym leaders, and dismissing them as well. And coming up with ideas to attract more challengers through various events. Oh, and the Pokémon League is a group that organizes Pokémon competitions for registered Pokémon Trainers. It serves as an umbrella that oversees the regional Leagues."

Everyone nodded their heads to the information that they were given but Grim, being quite curious and asked, "So you started your journey when you were ten?"

"Yep, that was seven years ago though and it was such an exciting day. Now since we're back to that topic of starting your journey. It is at this point that a Pokémon Professor can give them a starter Pokémon native to their own region, though many people befriend or are given other Pokémon prior to being legally able to be Trainers. Oh, and the starter Pokémon from each region will always be a fire, water, and grass type. Since these types are the basics. I'll go over that later in today's lesson."