Chapter 5: Adventure into Dwarf's Mine & Becoming Half a Student!

After cleaning Main Street while hearing the multiple complaints coming out of Grim's mouth. The group heard the bell ring signaling that it was lunchtime, therefore they ate their food under a shady tree nearby the statues. Not before Mika gave a light scolding to Turtwig about attacking others.Though after an hour of waiting, they saw the flood of students returning back to class. This led to the group to head to the library to do a bit of studying. However, Mika found no luck in finding a spell or some other magical tool that would return her Pokémon and her back to their world. While Grim decided to take a nap, the girl suggested to him to study magic since they were in a room filled with knowledge. However, the fiery cat argued that he's a prodigy and doesn't need to study. After a couple of hours, they decided to head to the cafeteria and sit at a wooden table.

"I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!" Grim complained for the umpteen time, and Mika was growing tired of it.

"Grim, please stop it. I'm supervising you and Ace to clean the windows. Though you two will split the work 50/50. Even so, I'll still help you wash them." She stated while rubbing her temples.

The gray cat crossed his arms, "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!"

"He probably has class right now. I think it should be his last class for the day right about now. So let's just wait a bit." Mika suggested while brushing Glaceon's fur to pass the time.

Grim groans, "Ugh fine, and brush me too hench-woman!"

"Sure, just wait your turn."

~~~

Mika on the other hand decided to pull out her rotom phone to check the time, "Hmm. The bell has already rung, and he's 10 minutes late... let's go look for him." She said getting up from her seat, as Glaceon jumped into her arms to be held. Grim nodded in agreement, "Let's! He's super late! I bet he up and bailed on us! Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!"

"Hmm, let's go ask around where he's been." She proposed, opening one of the double doors for her and Grim to exit the cafeteria. The two walked down walked around the halls and came across a classroom. Grim zoomed in with Mika following behind. "Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya!" He exclaimed, then sees that the room was empty.

"Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?" Grim wondered.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here.." A voice called out.

The two turned to see that it was the portrait of a man wearing round glasses with a mustache and beard on the wall who got their attention.

Grim shrieked, "Bwaaah! That painting just talked!"

The gray cat ran behind Mika's legs while peeking behind as for the trainer she wasn't as scared or shocked. Since it's a world that uses magic, she assumed there would be talking paintings and such.

The portrait of a man on the wall raised a brow, "Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school? The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange? It should be odd for a young lady to be here. However, I heard that you're part of the staff as the new Magical Creatures Professor."

"Hm, paintings that can talk would be out of the ordinary in my world. And yes, that's correct, I'm Mika Suzuki, the new professor. Nice to meet you and all the other portraits." She greeted them with a smile.