Chapter 2 - All I Ask

Here we go, fully getting into it now. Just wanted to get a couple notes out of the way. 

Firstly, I've changed the plot to involve Jegulus, instead of Jily.  I first published the first chapter I had written to be Jily (there was a small moment at the beginning that highlighted they were together) but I changed my mind because I'm a slut for Jegulus (+ Regulus in general).

Secondly, you might think this is moving a little quickly (in terms of the group becoming friends + spending more time with each other) but there is a reason for it. I have a certain plot point coming up in one of the early chapters that basically creates the rest of the story, so I want to set out the base of their friendship early on. 

Lastly, there is some texting in this chapter, between both Regulus + Sirius, and then Remus + Sirius.

Regulus is Italicised. Sirius is bolded. Remus is underlined

Anyway, enjoy this (slightly longer) chapter. 

--------------------------------------------------

For the past two weeks, Sirius had been diligently and shamelessly stalking.

In all honestly, what could people expect them to do? Firstly, stalking was in their nature, always wanting to know what people were up to and needing to analyse everyone to establish if they were a threat or not (thank you parents). Secondly, Moon Drop had taken their interest quite quickly, maybe one member in particular. 

Now, don't them wrong, Sirius loved Emmeline. The two of them had been together for just under a year and, apart from minor bickering, had had no issues in that time. But Sirius was only human. 

How many sane people could ignore a fluffy haired, sarcastic, heavily tattooed bass player who had specifically given them one of his guitar picks?

No matter the number, Sirius definitely wasn't one of those people.  

So that was exactly what Sirius was doing at the moment. Sat in the office, finally managing to catch a break in between appointments to shove some food down their throat and scrolling through Remus' Instagram. It was an incredibly aesthetic feed, much to Sirius' pleasure, filled with record shop trips, late night drinking with his band, about as many pictures of him playing his bass to give Sirius a heart attack and lots of pictures of him and James.

But there was one that immediately caught their eye. 

It was a picture taken on a hotel balcony, presumably in the summer due to everyone in the picture donning swim shorts and no shirts. Remus was leant forward in his chair with a cigarette between his lips, each tattoo perfectly on show as he was caught in an unfiltered moment of laughter. They presumed Peter was taking the picture, as he wasn't in it, the quality being slightly blurry as Sirius presumed he was also laughing. James was leant back in his chair, laughing with his head thrown back and cigarette in his free hand, brown skin littered with random tattoos and shining ever so slightly under the balcony light. He had someone sat next to him, arm wrapped lazily around their shoulders as they leant in towards him, also being caught in laughter. But that was who had caught Sirius' attention.

Regulus.

Their Regulus. Their very own little brother, curling into James as the four boys laughed, like it was the most natural thing in the world.

It stung a little bit, Sirius never having seen their little brother quite so carefree. Regulus' hair had grown slightly shaggier, curled even more than usual from a swim in the pool and falling slightly into his eyes. He noticed now that they were all wearing matching bright yellow swim shorts, that were somehow working perfectly for each of their skin tones. Regulus was also topless, making Sirius smile as they noticed the healing scars across his chest.