Chapter 5 - Brother

For the first time in months, Remus woke up in a warm bed with a thick duvet tangled around his legs and his hands tangled in someone's hair. His eyes were still half closed, sleep collecting in the tear ducts, but a soft whine from the person beside him pulled him slightly further from his slumber.

"You awake?" Remus whispered, stretching and detangling himself from the mess of black curls and long limbs. Once he was sat on the edge of the bed, he expected some sort of response, but was quickly unnerved by the complete silence that was encompassing him. 

Once he turned to face the person in his bed, Remus immediately understood the silence. He'd never been both so equally confused and concerned at the same time. 

Sirius was staring back at him. In his bed. Duvet tangled around their body, black curls messed up in a concerning way, and the full expanse of their pale chest on display. After finally looking over himself, Remus could only assume that Sirius was in a similar state; only adding to the concern floating around Remus' head. 

"Remus," Sirius whispered, their friend only now picking up on the state of panic flitting across their eyes. 

"Okay, everything's okay, I'm sure nothing happened," Remus rambled, stumbling around the room to locate his boxers, which had somehow ended up on the chair in the corner, one hand ruffling his own hair. "We were drunk. We probably just decided to share and watch a movie or something."

"Remus, I'm currently sat in your bed, butt-ass naked, and you're telling me nothing happened. What the fuck did we do?"

Okay, so Sirius was officially panicking. Remus couldn't really blame them. They had a girlfriend at home, the two of them had only known each other for a few weeks and, as far as Remus was concerned, they'd never done so much as experiment with a guy. With another groan, Remus managed to locate Sirius' t-shirt and boxers, throwing them onto the bed. "Right, okay, we'll figure this out. I need to go and speak to James. Meet me outside for a smoke in like ten?" He questioned, finally pulling on his jeans and slipping on some shoes. 

Sirius only nodded, weakly, watching Remus as he practically ran out the door; pulling a vest over his head. 

They could only let out a groan, running a hand through their hair and collapsing back onto the pillows. They didn't fuck, did they? No, Sirius wouldn't have let that happen. Remus wouldn't have let that happen. Although, they were drunk, like the brunette had so graciously mentioned earlier. What a perfect way to start a tour. 

All Sirius could do was groan again, trailing their hands over their face and down to their jaw. 

***

"You did what, Moons?" James shouted, standing opposite Remus and next to Regulus on the hotel balcony. Remus only groaned and took a drag on his cigarette, eyes flickering between the two people opposite him. "Well I didn't fucking mean to, did I? Didn't do it on purpose." James simply scoffed and shook his head, taking Remus' cigarette straight from his mouth. 

"So what, you slipped and fell into bed with them?"

"Oh can you both shut the fuck up for a minute!" Both James and Remus startled, not expecting Regulus to really pipe up at all, let alone scream at them. "We're talking about my sibling here, not some random guy Remus usually brings home. Whatever happened, happened. Rem, you're not a bad guy, you wouldn't have done anything non-consensually; even if you were both plastered. Where are they now?" He asked, arms crossed across his chest as he glared at the brunette. 

"In my room," Remus whispered, dragging a groan from Regulus. "By themselves?" Again, Remus nodded, only making Regulus throw his hands in the air; an expression across his face like he was speaking to a child. "Then go and fucking get them! Sit down, have a conversation, talk about what happens next. I'm assuming they also remembered what happened?"