𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

➣➣➣ 11:07 am
in the busy streets of japan...

hawk's pov !

i've been doing okay. i've gotten no sleep in...weeks now but at least i'm not having those nightmares again. i just can't believe she's still alive. after years. she's still alive.

when i finally got to my agency, i went straight to my desk. i wanted to find anything and everything out about her. i even had my assistant look for files in her name.

it took tons of digging. but i found something.
she broke out of a mental asylum. one that was heavily guarded too. one of the top ones in Japan. and thats it. no birth certificate, medical records, police reports...no nothing. she was meant to be kept a secret from everyone.

my assistant got back to me and said that nothing was found under their name.

"well...she certainly knows how to keep hidden" i pinched the bridge of my nose.

"that, i certainly can do"

my heart nearly jumped out of my chest...that voice.
i looked up to see y/n sitting on my desk, reading the article that was printed about her. "i don't think i like to be described as evil" she said, pointing towards the word on the paper. "it's harsh"

"how the hell did you get here??" i question. i clutched one of my sharp feathers in fear. "you can't be here."

"i just wanna know something." she said, holding her hands up defensively. "put that down bud. you don't wanna go toe to toe with me" she bounced up from the desk.

i clenched the feather even tighter. no way in hell i'm letting my guard down around her.
"what? make this quick"

"where ya been? shiggys been asking for ya. he wants his info. and shiggy isn't patient"

"tell him he can wait a little longer. nothings been happening on the heroes side."

"yeah right. better come up with something. you know what'll happen if ya don't" y/n chuckled.

"yes yes i know. now get the hell out" i used the feather to point towards the window. she couldn't just walk out the door. everyone would question her and me.

"the window? fool, what i look like? a bird?" she crossed her arms.

"wooww really? that was offensive" i rolled my eyes at her.
"well then how'd you even get in here?"

"ah ah, mind yo business. but i ain't done talking. so sit down, and get comfy." she walked around the desk to sit in MY seat.
cocky son of a bitch.

"fine." i said. no use in trying to argue with her. i leaned against the desk, looked over at here and let her talk.

y/n's pov !

i stared hawks down before i found the right words to say. or— rather ask.

"remember the night i kept you alive from the burning orphanage? remember how you ratted me out?" i asked, smirking. i know that he knows. i just wanna make him sweat.

he bit his lip and exhaled. slowly, he nodded his head. "yeah. yeah i remember. what about it?"

"you know why i burnt it. don't you?" while i was talking to hawks, i used my powers to make sure every camera around us wasn't working. along with any audio wires. i even disconnected all electronics as well. can't have this getting out to the public.

"i think so."

"why?"

"huh? what do you mean why?" hawks sounded confused.

"why did i burn it? you said you know"

"because you were treated unfairly. beaten and insulted almost everyday."

"right. so i got tired. and burned it." i took the paper article about me and burned it in the palm of my hand.
"the cops came. i gave you a story to go by. that way we'd both get away without any trouble. you, however, had other plans. instead of siding with your best friend, you told" i looked at him.

i wanted to look him in the eyes as i asked this next question. it's something i'm dying to know.

"so, what did you tell the cops? why'd you turn on me?"

i could tell he knew this question was coming. his tensed body relaxed when the question was asked. he lowered the feather down to his side.

"i told them you're the culprit. you're the fucking freak who killed tons of people. i told because what if that was me the next time i pissed you off? i knew that you were the only person i couldn't beat even if i tried. so, i told them it was you." hawks sighed.

i took the pocket knife from my back pocket at jumped on him, pinning him down to the ground with the sharp blade aimed at his eye.
"a fuckin freak. this fuckin freak kept you alive. this fuckin freak went through hell because of you." i spat out at him. he struggled against me, trying to get me off of him, but i wouldn't budge.

i head butted him, causing him to go limp just long enough for me to wrap my hands around his neck and burn him. i banged his head against the floor as i did so. out of pure anger.
i let go when i saw tears pool into his eyes.

i got up and dusted my clothes off. "this fuckin freak is gonna kill you if you ever label me like that again." and with that, i left.

when i got back to the hideout, i went straight to my room. i didn't want to talk to anyone. i was still so frustrated, i threw things around my room. i stopped when i heard the door open. i turned to see toga coming in with a first aid kit in her hands.

"what?" i huffed.

"you're bleeding."

i looked confused but soon realized my forehead. i must've scratched it when i head butted hawks.

"so? leave it. i'll be fine" i told her. of course, i should've known that verbally telling her wasn't enough. toga furrowed her brows and forced me to sit on the floor. she sat on my lap so she could look at the wound better.
she picked up a hair clip to move my large curls out of the way. then, she began to clean and bandage the wound. when she finished, she took my hand in her own and kissed it.

"you okay?" she asked.

"now i am" her presence is really calming. how can i stay mad when she's around?

"good. you made a huge mess." she said, pecking my lips.

"i know i know" i said. i buried my face in the crook of her neck. "i'll clean it up later"

"good. and i'll help you!" she giggled.

i exhaled and relax my body against toga's.
this fuckin freak is lucky to have someone like toga.