Chapter 50 - Baifeng Mountain

The Baifeng Mountain (Phoenix Mountain) Crowd Hunt started and Wei Ying stood beside Lan Zhan. He smiled softly, he'd missed him dearly. He just hoped that this time, their conversation wouldn't be about his cultivation.

Meng Yao smiled, walking forth, "Everybody here is already familiar with the rules, I want to highlight that this row of targets is the first barrier before entering the mountain, only people who hit a target may enter the hunt."

Wei Ying sighed, too easy, you'd think the Jin clan would come up with something more... He trailed off, however, because the sound of clanging chains and terrified cries lured him to turn back to the targets. Wei Ying's rage built fast, as remaining Wen were brought out to stand in front of the targets.

...

"Excuse me!" Wen Qing spat, "what is wrong with you people?"

"That is Jin Guangshan for you," Wei Wuxian stated, "I hated it and was about to step in but was told not to act rash."

"I can't believe this is how you treated the rest of my people because of my deeds," Wen Ruohan said angrily, "how dare you!"

"Don't worry, I tried to help them, later," Wei Ying said.

...

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan turned to each other. Lan Zhan trying with his eyes to say calm down as Wei Ying's shook with fury. When Wei Wurian is about to step forward to say something, Lan Wangji grab onto his wrist once more.

Wei Wuxian look over at Lan Wangji, "don't be rash, the enemy is watching. Don't let them see you get angry," he whispered to Wei Wuxian to calm him down.

Wei Ying couldn't just stand by though, he walked forward, prepared to argue for basic human rights, even Jiang Cheng pushed him back with his gaze. Wei Ying clenched his jaw and stepped back, his anger rising, his body which was so used to being cold, warmed in temperature with his rage.

Jin Zixuan scoffed, "Easy," He shrugged, leaving to shoot an arrow. He hit the bullseye.

Wei Ying rolled his eyes, okay, if that is what it takes to save them, let's do this.

Smirking, Wei Ying turned to Lan Zhan, "Eh, Lan Zhan!" He cheered, catching everyone's attention, "Can you help me?"

This surprise Lan Wangji that Wei Wuxian ask him to help with something, he turn to look at Wei Wurian asking, "what is it?"

Wei Wuxian glanced the ribbon on top of Lan Wangji forehead, he look back down at him, "Can I borrow your ribbon?"Wei Ying's heart beating loudly in his chest.

Lan Zhan sighed, turning away.

Wei Ying pouted, feeling Jiang Cheng's glare without having to look, he took his sleeve as he walked and wrapped it around his eyes.

Those watching held their breath as Wei Ying took five arrows, blindfolded.

In. Wei Ying breathed, Out.

Spinning, Wei Ying lifted the bow and released the arrows, all five landing on the bullseye.

...

Lan Xichen gasped, "still find that Incredible!"

Jianq Fengmian was so proud, "that is my head disciple for you," he said.

Jiang Cheng smiled, only because nobody was paying attention to him. Even now, Lan Zhan is still impressed. He loves just how talented Wei Ying really is.