Chapter 93 - Getting Information

After a week of rest and recovering, the group of cultivators got summoned back to continue the memory showing in the screening room. Jiang Cheng was grumpy as usual, but even more so as he can't use his powers.

"Serves you right for stabbing A'Ying like that," Wen Qing spat, "no apology, no reason as to why you didn't explain why you can't just accept defeat."

"The moment Wei Wuxian wasn't fighting back I knew what he was up to," Jiang Cheng spat back, "he is always so cunning and actually fights. He just dodges until his opponent is tired enough for him to make a move. Also, I am sick and tired of always being compared to that asshole. Gift and cultivation, temperament and talent..he never has to work for anything, it's always just given to him."

"Never has to work for anything!" Wen Qing yelled, "he fought the entire cultivation world alone, was betrayed by you Jiang's who you call him 'Family,' he grew up on the streets for part of his childhood. Not to mention when he was being targeted with us Wen's he had to work just as hard to protect us while trying to keep himself together. Then man was already on the brink of death, he starved himself at the mounds so everyone else could eat. He would eat last if there was anything left. He would go scavenge for food, water, materials, anything to help us survive, and he did it all alone. So don't just stand there and tell me everything is just handed to him."

Wei Wuxian was sitting comfortably on Lan Wangji's lap just listening to those to bicker back and forth, "Lan Zhan?" He asked.

"Hmm?"

"Since I'm too weak to really defend myself, can you protect me?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Of course I will," he said kissing the man on his forehead, "I will always protect you."

In saying that, Lan Wangji gently wrapped his arms around Wei Wuxian a bit more and held him closer. Wei Wuxian's head was rest against Lan Wangji's chest, while Lan Wangji rested his chin gently on top of his husband's head.

"Nothing handed to him?" Jiang Cheng said, "my parents so kindly opened Lotus Pier to him, fed him, clothed him, gave him a roof to live under. He was able to cultivate and learn to fight...he got so good he didn't even need training most of the time...then he goes off and gives me his core, makes me look like a fool, and what for?"

"He did it because you were waisting your life away!" Wen Qing yelled, "you kept wanting to end your life after your core got crushed. Wei Wuxian couldn't see you do that, so he did what he thought was best and gave you your life back in exchange for his...in return he became an outcast. You are so ungrateful, everything actually gets handed to you and you don't even know it. You just assume it's all Wei Wuxian but it is not."

"Qing-Jie, why are you waisting your breath trying to reason with him?" Wei Wuxian asked her.

"Honestly, I don't know Didi," she said and went to go sit beside him and Lan Wangji.

"Okay, why don't we just continue with the memories, huh?" Baoshan suggested and started up the screen.

***

As Wei Wuxian heard the barks gradually leave, he finally came out from behind Lan Wangji. He put his hands behind him and agreed as if nothing happened, "That's right, it's getting worse day by day. Men are not what they were in the past."

The charlatan on the side struggled to get up, still in a state of shock, "The moral degeneration of the world is getting worse day by day. How terrifying are the disciples from prominent clans these days! How terrifying!"

The charlatan looked at him as if he was looking at his saviour, and hurriedly tossed the stack of "The YiLing Patriarch's Evil-Suppressing Portraits" into Wei Wuxian's hands like it was a hot potato, "Brother, thank you so much for what happened earlier! This is a gift for you. If you cut the price and sell one for three coins, you'd still end up earning at least three hundred."