Chapter 85 - So That Happened...

"Alright, I am going to go ahead and get back to when Wei Ying was first resurrected now," Baoshan informed, "you are probably going to want to know what happened in Qinghe but that will come out later anyway."

"Where did we stop at for that?" Jin Ling asked.

"Dafan Mountain...Wei Ying saves you," Baoshan reminded.

"Oh," Jin Ling said and put his head down, "sorry."

"What are you apologizing for?" Wei Ying asked, "for me saving you? I'd save you a thousand times over if I have to."

"Thanks Uncle Wei," Jin Ling smiled, "and out of everyone in the room, you and Uncle Wangji are the only two who can call me Rulan."

"Really? You are letting me call you Rulan?" Wei Ying asked.

"You came up with the name, so you should use it and express it," Jin Ling to him.

"Thank you, Rulan," Wei Ying said with a smile.

Jin Ling smiled and nodded at him.

***

"... The 'Ghost General', it's the 'Ghost General', it's Wen Ning!"

One cultivator shouted at the top of his lungs, "Close in on him!"

Another cultivator shouted, "Fellow cultivators, we have to block him so that he doesn't escape. This is Wen Ning we're facing!"

Meanwhile...

Both Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi were at Buddha's Feet, a tea house just at the exit of the Dafan Mountain. The two, specifically Wangji, was waiting for news of his juniors...specifically his two sons. So, who knows how long it would take for them to realize that something was wrong and come up here.

"You're still trying to find my brother" he makes a snarl of a statement

Wangji just ignored him. He was trying to rile him up, and Wangji was not in the mood for gutting a sect leader at the moment...no matter how much he hated the man.

'What is the use? At times I wonder, where did the comradeship vanish that we once had? Yeah. the day he betrayed his Shidi, my Wei Ying,' he thought to himself.

As he was just about to leave, his world came to a halt. The sound of a familiar tune rang into Wangji's ears. There was only one other person who would ever know that tune, and Wangji thought him to be dead...but this tune, that tune immediately perked up his ears, faltering his breathing, and causing his heart to palpitate.

Dropping the cup from my hand, it crashes
into millions of pieces and it kisses the
ground. Mounting Bichen, Wangji flew off towards the direction of the tune...

Wen Ning waved his arm, and the black iron chains swept past heavily, hitting the swords. He then took a stride forward and gripped the neck of the person closest to him. With a light pull, he was lifted off the ground. Seeing the situation, Wei WuXian knew that the flute notes were too hurried and abrupt, causing him to develop a killing intent.

To stifle it, Wei Wuxian calmed his feelings and assuredly played another melody. The melody had drifted over his mind naturally. It was relaxed and tranquil, contrasting with the bizarre and ear-piercing one from before. Hearing the sound, Wen Ning froze, and slowly turned toward the direction of which the melody came from. Wei Wuxian stood in the same spot, staring into his pupil-less eyes.

After a moment, Wen Ning released his hand, throwing the cultivator on the ground. He let down his arms and walked toward Wei Wuxian at a slow pace. His head was lowered and he dragged a large amount of iron chains, even seeming as if he looked dejected. Wei Wuxian retreated while playing the flute, guiding him to follow. Walking like this for a short distance, they moved into the forest, when suddenly, Wei Wuxian caught the chilly scent of sandalwood.