Chapter 90 - Meditation And A Spar

"Wei Ying, as much as I am happy to see you wanting to fight again, you really should push it back a few more days," Lan Zhan said out of concern.

"I will be fine, and after that fight, I will do as you tell me," Wei Ying told him, "I will meditate now, but after the fight, I'll let you handle things...unless I want to."

"Just promise me you won't overdue it," Lan Zhan told him.

"I promise," Wei Ying said, "...I do have a slight problem though."

"What?" Lan Zhan asked.

"I can't meditate if my life depended on it," Wei Ying said, "I mean I can, but I can't sit down long enough to get into the meditation."

"I have a few methods I could teach you, and while you meditate, I can play Song of Clarity for you to help keep calm and focus," Wangji told him. Lan Wangji had a book on the nightstand besides their bed. It was a book on different types of meditations, "this book may help."

Wei Wuxian took it and grazed through it carefully until came across one that may actually work, "Compassion Meditation?" He questioned then read aloud:

"Picture someone who is close to you, someone toward whom you feel a great amount of love. Notice how this love feels in your heart.

"...Notice the sensations around your heart. Perhaps you feel a sensation of warmth, openness, and tenderness.

"...Continue breathing, and focus on these feelings as you visualize your loved one. As you breathe out, imagine that you are extending a golden light that holds your warm feelings from the center of your heart. Imagine that the golden light reaches out to your loved one, bringing them peace and happiness. At the same time, silently recite these phrases.

May you have happiness.
May you be free from suffering.
May you experience joy and ease.
May you have happiness.
May you be free from suffering.
May you experience joy and ease..."

"So this can help me focus on something and in return the Qi and Golden Core will strengthen," Wei Wuxian continued, "this may work...I think about you and the boys all the time...maybe focusing on just you as you play...could work?"

Lan Wangji smiled, "That sounds like something more suitable for you, it allows your mind to focus on something while your body relaxed and energy moves within you," he told him.

"Let's give it a try," Wei Wuxian said.

Wei Wuxian sat on the bed facing towards the open area of the room. Lan Wangji sat at the table with his guqin. Taking a deep breath, Wei Wuxian closed his eyes and focused his thoughts on one person...Lan Wangji.

Wei Wuxian focused on how his body. How a simple touch from Lan Wangji can sent unbelievable warmth and desire through Wei Wuxian's hearts. Lan Wangji's golden eyes sent a warmth as the sun would. That warm to Wei Wuxian would make him melt like chocolate. Wei Wuxian felt his heart gain more warmth the more he focused on his feelings towards Lan Wangji.

Lan Wangji made him feel like he never had to worry about anything ever again. He made him feel safe. The comfort he would feel in Lan Wangji's arms set into his body. Wei Wuxian felt his body slip further into meditation the more he focused his thoughts on Lan Wangji. He was so focused that he forgot where he was, and he couldn't even hear Lan Wangji play. Focusing his thoughts on Lan Wangji made him forget that Lan Wangji was actually in the room.

Lan Wangji sat there at his guqin and notice Wei Wuxian go into deep meditation. He stopped playing and carefully stood up. He went over to him quietly and pulled a blanket gently over his husband's shoulders before placing a kiss on his forehead. He then sat down beside him and went into meditation himself. After a couple of hours, Lan Wangji came out of his meditation first, which surprised him. He wasn't expecting to see Wei Wuxian still meditating.