Chapter One

Hi, guys so this story I wrote this a while back but decided to take it down since I lost interest, but now I feel like this story is a good story for my followers and anyone else who wants to. It is a beautiful story where a gang member and a high school kid become close. Although at fourteen, he is still in middle school! So nothing will happen till he is in high school.

I stood outside his door. Already rang the doorbell three times before I saw the hallway light turn on through his closed white curtain. My heart skipped a beat as I heard the doorknob click and the door swung open in a fast past motion. My eyes stare slowly up at the face that was once my mother's lover five months ago. Anthony Logan Matthews.

"Who are you?" was the first thing he said to me, 'How can he not remember me?' I know it was dark out but with his porch light he could have clearly notice, "never mind that do you have any idea what time it is you little brat!"

I do understand why he is mad it is after all midnight. He must have already been fast asleep. Looking over at his hair and his robed body. Gulping at his bare hairy legs, I look back up at his face; he was waiting patiently for my answer, "Um Mr. Matthews I am truly sorry for disturbing you at this time but you see I have no where else to go," it is then that I remembered that he does not seem to remember me, seeing his confused face I added, "I am your ex girlfriend's son by the way if you recall?"

His face studied me. From my blonde hair too my piercing blue eyes down too my nose and lips. It has been awhile since I seen Anthony last, since my mom and him broke up. 'Wonder how things are going for him?' "Oh right," he rubs his temple with one of his hands and the other in his robe pocket, "Dawson right?" I nodded, happy that he finally remembered at least my name. He sighs in annoyance, 'Is he not happy to see me?' Maybe if it were a better time he might be in a better mood. That is a joke he has pretty much an anger issue. One of the reasons my mom got attracted to him. She loves men with an anger management background, "OK Dawson first of it is bloody midnight what the hell are you doing here in front of my house at this time!"

"Shhh keep it down, you will wake your neighbors."

"I can care less about them. Now answer me dammit!"

"I need somewhere to hide ok. The cops came to our house and took my mother away," I watched as his usually faceless expression became quite shocked, "and I refuse to go to a foster home at my age. I went to a foster home once before when I was little and I hated every minute of it. All they care about is the money that they get. I refuse being taken care of by people like that-"

"Whoa ok come inside first idiot. I want to know more about what happened to your mother."

I waited downstairs on his recycled red sofa as he was changing out of his robe. I looked around, having never been in this house before. Wonder if he lived in this one while he dated my mom or if he moved here after the split up. The second thing you should know about Anthony is that he is a gang member. Of course, he does not know that I know that; never got the chance to tell him that I followed him one night when he was still with us. I found out that he was part of a gang. I also know his gang name as Outlaw Jaws. My eyes trace over to his black leather jacket hanging from his lounge chair. Tilting my head to the side to read the small white print on the sleeve. Catching the words Outlaw before hearing a door slam upstairs and hearing footsteps creaking down the steps. My head turns over to Anthony. Looking over at the white T-shirt he was wearing and grey sweat pants. 'Isn't it the middle of summer?' I shrug not thinking much of it. I watch as he told me wait here as he went to the kitchen.

I look around at two bookshelves. Walking over to one and scanning the titles. Most of them were Stephen King books. 'Wonder what his favorite author is?' I thought sarcastically. Putting a small smile on my face.