Chapter Thirteen

Dawson's POV

We made it back to Anthony's house, parking in his garage. I stepped off it, giving him my helmet, before walking inside, and quickly getting up the stairs. a lady was on the top of the stairs, 'So guessing he done it with her?'

She smiled at me, patting my shoulder, "Hope you don't mind me sticking around? I wanted to see the boy Anthony was talking about."

"Wait...he was talking to you about me?" She nodded, giving me a smile, before walking down the steps. I watched her before slipping into the guest bathroom. Splashing my face, before looking in the mirror. Remembering what happened a few minutes ago. Taking a breather, calming my heart. 'Why was he following me in the first place?' Thinking to Anthony being, the gang leader, 'Was he after me because of him?' This means he could possibly know is real identity. Anxious at that thought, not wanting anything to happen to him, 'I will make sure that guy will not get that chance.' I am stronger than I look, and I can protect the person I love. There was a knock on the bathroom door. "It's open?"

The door opened, facing Anthony, "There is pancake batter if you want some?" He turned to the stairs.

'Is that all he wanted to say to me?' If that was it, he could have waited till I was done in here. "Are you feeling guilty, perhaps?" Anthony looked over at me, "you do, don't ya?"

He didn't say anything, walking back downstairs. That answered my question. When he was dating my mom and realized my feelings for him, I studied him and learned to read between the lines. 'He feels guilty.' smiled at that thought.

Going downstairs, I smelled the aroma of something burning. Looking at the plate set in the kitchen was filled with pancakes, but unfortunately, the bottom of the pancakes was a bit burned. Forking one of them to look at the burnt part.

"Is it not to your liking?" I heard behind me.

I looked over; he was holding his hand, "Did something happen?" I point to his hands.

"It's nothing; you don't need to worry about it." I inwardly sighed, going over to him, grabbing the hand he was holding, and looking at a slight red mark.

"You burnt yourself, didn't you?" 

He yanked his hand away, "I said I was OK! Go on and eat your pancake!"

I stayed put on where I was, being used to his anger. Grabbing his hand, dragged him to a kitchen chair before pushing him down. Examining his hand before getting a cloth and running some cold water on it. Going back over, I grabbed his burnt hand, pressing the cloth on it. "I understand you want to be tough; because you are the leader in that group, I get that, but with me, you don't have to do that. Prefer being yourself," I looked at the pancakes, then back to his burned hand, 'He doesn't cook much, does he?' since pancakes are easy to make. "thanks for making me pancakes."

"It's the least I can do after what I said."

I was inwardly surprised at this, "So you do feel guilty?" he nodded, looking at the table. I let go of his hand, putting the cloth in the sink. Getting a plate out and silverware, sitting at the table. I plopped a pancake on the plate, pouring some syrup on it. He watched as I started eating it, trying not to make a face, but it didn't taste that good. "It is good, you know." Anthony raised an eyebrow, 'He knows I am lying, huh?' "I don't want to hurt your feelings."

"A person like me can handle it."

I sighed, "OK, fine... it doesn't taste good at all. Are you happy?"

He snorted at that, watching me still eat it, "Then why are you still eating?"

"Because you made it for me." I looked over at him, "I think that should be a good reason to keep eating it." I stared at a red dot that looked like a laser pointer, slowly pointing at his head. I gaped at it, looking over at the window. "Anthony!" I pushed him off the chair, has a gun went off, blasting through the window.