Chapter Seven

Dawson's POV

Shock hit my face, my heart stung, my cheek stung even more. Putting my hand up to my cheek, covering the possibly red mark. Luckily nobody was around to see me getting slapped. I gritted my teeth at the pain, but the pain in my heart grew bigger. And without him, I ran out of the movie theater, not looking back. I know I shouldn't have told him the truth, it just slipped out of my mouth. 'He probably hates me now, after knowing his secret identity.' My feet ended up at my mom's house. Going up the steps, realizing the knob was locked, getting the key from under the mat. Walking into an empty house; a place that once used to be filled with love and happiness. Now an empty shell to come home to. I gritted my teeth, feeling tears coming out of my eyes, cupping my mouth, not being able to breathe. Chest tightened. Feeling rage in my heart, I got pictures from the walls smashing the frames, glass shattering. The perfect family photo smashed it. Photos of mom and I from the past. Smash! Smash! As tears ran down my face. I felt hands holding my wrists. Peering at the man who slapped me earlier. I looked away, "What you want?" I breathed out, "I am trash after all, someone who is meant be thrown away, forgotten."

"Would you cut the crap already!" He shouts.

I kept my eyes away from his face, "Why are you here? I...thought you hated me...since you slapped me."

"I never wanted to slap you in the first place, you little shit!"

I geared over at him, "I know, it was my fault for your actions. I shouldn't have told you," calming down from the outburst a seconds ago, "shouldn't have told you, the truth about me knowing," I looked away, "So, do you hate me now? Will you kick me out of your life..."

"Of course not!"

I was shocked with his answer, looking over at him. Deciding to go in for a hug, "Thank goodness...I don't know what I would have done...if you hated me," realizing what I was doing, I quickly let go, "sorry..."

Anthony grabbed my head, pulling me into his embrace, "It's fine," he said. Surprised with his actions, I hugged him again as he put one arm around my shoulder.

"Can we perhaps get out of here? This place is depressing me," I let go, looking up at him, "but...before we go...I want you to know that...even though I know your secret, I will never tell a living soul about it...even if I was forced to by gun point."

He gaped at that, putting his hand on my face, "If that ever happens...I will give you permission to tell them."

"Look...the way you dress...people will become suspicious of you..." I got up, going to my mom's office. Anthony followed me, "I know my mom has cash stashed in her desk," I went into her middle drawer, "she doesn't need this where she is right now," pulling out an envelope, checking the bucks in there, "There is about $300 in there," I took them out, putting them in my pocket, gearing over at him, "Let's go shopping today instead of the movies?" I hand him a $20, "This should cover the cost of the tickets."

"Don't worry about it, I shouldn't have slapped you."

I wondered about something, that has been bothering me, "How did you know I was here of all places?"

"I followed my instincts to come here." Anthony said, had a feeling that was a lie though, 'Even though he doesn't like being lied to?' "Oh what the hell! I was searching for you, you happy!" I gaped at this, 'He never was this honest with me before,' looking over at him, 'Did him finding out, about me knowing...got us closer?' my heart slightly opened back up for this man.

"A little yes," I smiled, "now let's get you some normal clothes?" I smirked.

It took a while to get him to agree, that it is necessary for him to get new clothes, which makes others less suspicious. Now here we are; in a clothing store called, 'Cherryneedle.' a store that has fancy and casual wear. Going to the men's section "Do you have any shorts? You always wear these long thick pants or sweats? It's nearly summer."

"There is a reason why I don't wear those."

"What, you have something to hide?" He nodded back at that, "oh..." I looked down at his covered leg, curious now, 'Wonder what he is hiding?' "Well...then how about something less thick?" I went over to the summer pants, "how about these blue jeans...um what size do you have?"

"Like I am going to tell you that!" he went and looked for his size himself. 'Guess he was embarrassed about that.' Crossing my arms at that, trying not to snort.