Chapter Ten

I have a hard time writing today since I injured my left hand and and it is in a sling :( so can only use on hand to type with right now, forgive me on that while my updates are currently slower than usual.

As the front door closed, hearing the motorcycle drive out of the garage, I prayed for his safety. Knowing his job can be a dangerous one at that. I always have trusted him coming back when he was with my mom, keeping him in my prayers out of worry. 

After he left; I did the dishes, cleaned the stove, vacuumed the living room, upstairs bedrooms, there were two of them and one office studio. I decided to snoop in this room, looking in the drawers.

"Have you heard of a thing, called privacy!"

I gaped at the voice, slowly turning around, "What are you doing here? I thought you left."

"I came back to get something, now what are you doing!"

"I...I was just..."

"How dare you go and snoop around like this!" he shouts at me, feeling raged at me.

Anthony was about to slap me again out of anger, when I stopped him, "I don't need another bruise streaked on my face!" I spat back, "I am sorry for snooping, but it is because I have no idea who you are really!" 'How can I fall for someone I barely know?' I covered my face with my hand. 'I guess this is what people call love at first sight?' Well it wasn't first sight, but I fell for him a month after he dated my mom, "I ask you questions, but you always keep me in the dark...why?"

"Because it does not concern you! That's why! You don't need to know anything, I am just here to take care of you till your mom..." he paused, "till your mom gets back."

My heart stung at that, broken in shattered pieces, "I cannot live with someone I don't even know, a stranger!" I saw hurt behind those browns, regretting it a bit, "I am not just someone you're taking care of, and you mean much more to me than you think!" I started tearing up, as they ran down my face, "I just...want to be closer to you...more than anybody," I said in a quiet tone, as I wipe my eyes. Anthony gaped at that, "I won't snoop anymore...I will just wait for you to tell me who you are." My heart couldn't take it anymore, it was too painful to keep it inside anymore, dropping to the vacuumed floor, putting my face in my hand, "I...I...am in love...with...you," I realized what I just said, not daring to meet his gaze.

"When?" I heard his surprised tone.

"Since you were with my mom, by the way, you deserved  better than the way she treated you," I saw his gaze down on the carpet, "Anthony?" he stayed silent, 'Probably remembering when they were together?' Knowing it isn't a pleasant memory. They fought a lot, glass would shatter, seeing a scar on his cheek as I went over to him, closing my arms around him, "she gave this to you," I point to his white streak, "I remember that day, she threw something at you. You thought I was asleep, but I saw what she did.." I covered my face, "I...felt...so weak...not being able to help you that day."

"I was able to handle myself that day and went to a hotel."

I was surprised to hear his voice being quiet, "Did you love my mother?" I decided to ask, not knowing how to react if he did. Anthony nodded his head, "she never deserved your love to begin with," I coldly said back, "the way she treated you." I realized something, "Wait don't you have somewhere to be still! Don't worry I won't snoop anymore, promise. I will wait till I hear what you have to say and I will listen." 

Anthony completely forgot that he had to go somewhere, so in a quick hurry he left. I continued with vacuuming his office. This time without snooping. Anthony told me that after he gets back we can continue talking about the situation at hand. So far he hasn't rejected my love confession. Hopefully that's a good sign.