Chapter Four

Anthony's POV

While Dawson was in school, I rode around, searching for his mother, wanting to know exactly what the hell is going on. I checked the house, no body was home, front door was open too, locking it behind me. I gritted my teeth, 'I wonder where they took her?' a part of me still cares for her. Knowing her history behind drugs, 'Has her habit come to the surface again?' Dawson has been kept in the dark about that, never wanting him to know, it changes you. I kid who has been bright and cheery from when we first met . Even when I shouted at him, getting angry at him. He stayed calm and collected. 'Damn it where are you Amanda?' Decided to look for information from her neighbors. Asking if they seen anything out of the ordinary, "Would you happen to know why Amanda was arrested?"

A tall bald guy, was standing before me in front of his door, he lived right next to my ex,"It happened late at night when they came and took her," he told me, which I already know, "that's all I know?"

I nodded, thanking him, deep inside I was pissed. How little people cared for her in this complex. Giving up on finding information, I rode away. 'I will see where they taken her on my own.' Then I remembered my gang members. 'Of course, I could ask for their help." Knowing they will always have my back, since I am the leader. Halting to the side, so I could text them.

I halted behind Dawson's school, where we decided to meet after he was done. I watched him running over, handing him his helmet. I felt his arms wrapping around my stomach, and we were off. Dawson noticed how quiet I was as we rode back to my house. "Is something wrong Mr. Matthews!"

"It's nothing... and don't to be so formal with me!" His arms tightened after I said that. 

Parking my motorcycle in the garage, we went into my house. I directly went upstairs, looking down at the text messages. My gang members texted back, saying they will help with this case. I was pleased with that. Dropping my phone on the bed, going in the bathroom to shower. When I got out, I smelled something interesting down stairs. Putting some sweatpants on and a blue shirt.

Dawson was standing in front of the stove, I leaned against the wall, "So what are you making there?"

"It is a thanks for letting me stay here," he said, looking over at me with a smile, before looking back at the iron pan.

'It has been awhile since someone cooked for me.' Looking at the chicken stir fry Dawson was making.