Confessions

Raven hair fell over bright blue eyes as the boy took a long sip of coffee. "Still not strong enough" he mumbled to himself before grabbing the bottle beside him and pouring a little over a shots worth of vodka into his mug. "One to numb the pain" he said before taking another sip. "And two, to forget her name" he continued, raising up the bottle of liquor and chugging the rest straight.  He looked out over his father's weed farm, unimpressed with his life.

It had been a little over two years since Stan dropped out of school, he couldn't deal with anymore of life's bullshit after his first love left him and almost immediately seemed to move on. His friends couldn't even cheer him up anymore, so they started doing they're own thing, leaving Stan to work with his obsessed father in taking care of the weed farm. Today was the start to one of Randy's Specials, 13 day countdown to Halloween. Randy was already dressed in his Witches costume and smoking just a little bit of Crack to boost his holiday mural. Stan just rolled his eyes as he watched his father darting back and forth from his shed to his selling station. "Stan! Quit being emo and help me with these boxes... this weed isn't going to sell itself!" Demanded Randy.

Stan begrudgingly stood up from his favorite chair and decended from the porch to do as his father so lovely asked.

Towards the end of the day Stan was working the stand selling off the last few jars of bud, when he noticed an all too familiar face walking towards him. Stan froze with a shocked expression written on his face. "Kyle?" He raven haired boy asked, his voice cracking a little. 

The boy known for his green hat and orange jacket now looked so different than the last time Stan saw him. Kyle had tamed his red curls into a wavy/flippy mess that you'd expect to see a guy from a boy band to wear. He wore a large black shirt that read "God Is Dead" on the front, and a pair of skinny ripped blue jeans.

"I kept waiting at the back of line till I was the last one here" said the boy with red hair as he looked up at his old best friend.

Slightly confused Stan nodded and asked  "what do you want" in a blunt tone. The other boy just paused to stare at his friend for a moment before pulling out a $20 bill, "could you help me out with some smoke?" He answered with hope gleaming through his emerald eyes.

"Dude... when did you start smoking?" Stan questioned as he grabbed a jar.
Kyle kinda frowned, "since the crew split up... a lots changed." The two boys stood there staring at each other in uncomfortable silence for a moment, then Stan turned the 'open' sign to 'closed', breaking the silence with a "you wanna go out to the shed and smoke a joint? I no longer have a Marijuana problem, as my dad puts it." Kyle smiled and followed Stan out to his father's shed.

Sitting up in the loft Stan opens a hard shelled cigarette case, one half full of hand rolled cigarettes, the other half was hand rolled joints. He pulls out the fattest J and hands it to his old friend to spark. As Kyle sparked her up, Stan again took the opportunity to speak up. "It's been awhile now hasn't it... and what, did you stop believing in God?" He asked the latter while pointing to Kyle's clothing choices.

Kyle just started laughing as he was coughing, his friends words catching him a little off guard. "It has been awhile, and yeah... after you dropped out, I was stuck having to deal with Cartmen's fat ass. I figured that if a God really did exist, he'd have that fat fuck ditch before he'd let my super best friend leave."

Stan hung his head and took a few harsh drags from the join before responding. "Shit, I'm sorry dude... I got too hung up over a hoe, and I pushed you guy's away."

Kyle laughed, "a hoe is right... do you know how many guys she's been with since? Let's just say even Clyde got a piece."

Stan tried not to act too shocked, but her getting with Clyde? It made him chuckle a bit, "I guess I dodged a bullet then aye?" He felt a need to change the subject, "so have you gotten yourself a girlfriend yet?"

Kyle's face went a light shade of pink. "Ooooh? Yeah?" Stan pryed, "who is she? Do I know her?"

But Kyle just started shaking his head no and laughing nervously. "You don't know because we weren't exactly talking, but last year I came out as gay." Kyle said and then pointed to his shirt, "another reason I'm no longer a believer."

Stan's icy blue eyes stared right into Kyle's green ones in slight disbelief. "So you have a boyfriend?" He asked with  a bit of reluctance.

Kyle again responded with a shaking his head no. Trying to change the conversation from himself back over to stan, "so it seems you still haven't grown out of this goth stuff, please don't tell me that you're still not over her." He tried not to let his interests in the goth boy be too obvious.

Stan smiled and flung his black hair dramatically and said "it's not a faze Mom~!" In a goofy tone. "And... well I've accepted that she's gone, seems kinda silly now how hard I fell for her. But I haven't really tried to invision myself doing more than helping out around this dump. When I lost her, I also threw away my friends. I haven't gotten over myself." He chuckled lightly at that last part.

Kyle smiled at his response, "Well unless you want me to fuck off Stan, I don't want to go anywhere. And I kinda like that eyeliner on you..." stumbling over his words a little. "It makes your eyes so... blue..."

Stan's face brightened, turning a shade of crimson at the complement he just received from the the boy he used to share everything with.
'Why is my face getting all warm and my hands so sweaty' he thought to himself, feeling kinda embarrassed for some reason he couldn't understand.

"Stan..." Kyle continued taking a deep breath and bravely spoke his mind. "It was you're eyes that made me realize that I was gay, every day I would get lost in you're vast oceans. But you were obviously too distracted puking over that bitch that i... well I never got the chance to tell you. We're not kids anymore dude, so if it's a no, I get it, I won't bother you again.  But the real reason I came over was because I wanted to see if you would go out with me? And of course catch up if not..." he added the last part in hopes to save face when he believed for sure Stan would reject him.

Stan's eyes widened to almost an unnatural size. At first Stan thought that the red head had to be fucking around with him. But it didn't take long for Stan to realize that Kyle was completely serious. "I have a drinking problem, my voice is annoying, there are a lot of better looking guys out there with better personalities. So why me?"

"Because it was always you Stan... it's taken me two plus years to work up the courage just to come here and talk to you. I knew that if I didn't ask you now, I probably never would..."

"Can we smoke another one of these before I answer you're question?" Stan asked as he stood up and kinda nervously paced around the big open loft.

"Uh, sure..." Kyle replied as he started to feel a giant knot building in the pit of his stomach.

The two smoked another joint, this time in complete silence, an awkward silence that made Kyle fear he was going to pull a Stan and puke everywhere.  Stan's head was racing at the thought of dating his childhood best friend. "Kyle,  how am I supposed to know if I'm into guys or not? What if I'm not gay?"

Kyle's nervousness settled a little and he walked over to the other male, putting a hand on his shoulder. "It won't take you long to figure it out." The redhead turned the Burnet to face him, and before Stan could realize what Kyle was doing, he already had his lips on his. Stan was shocked,  but quickly melted into the gingers kiss.