Chapter 7: The Everlasting

Carl'sPOV:
I led Zoey out of our room. I slowly glide my hand towards hers and brush my fingers in her palm. Zoey looks over at me and smiles. She grabs my hand; interlocking our fingers. We get to the cafeteria and see Cameron talking to Mackenzie. Zoey smiles and waves to them.

We get our food and take it outside to eat. We both sit down on the grass. "I haven't had a good, well cooked meal like this in a long time." Zoey giggles. I look at her chow the meat down. As she swallows her last bite she sees me smiling at her. She looks down, blushing.

"You got a little something..." I say, leaning towards her face. I put my index finger on her cheek and lift her head to face me. I caress her jaw and whip my thumb over the mess on her cheek and smile. "It's all gone now." I whisper. My face so close to her's. All the Walker moans around us, we block them out. Zoey blushes as I kiss her cheek. "I love you, Zoey Dixon."

"I love you too, Carl Grimes." she says tipping my hat. I chuckle and wrap my arms around her waist. We lay down on the grass, in the hot, summer sun.

Zoey lays half on me, her head on my chest. My arms around her. I could not ask for a better girlfriend. Her hugs, I savor. Her laugh, I love. Her smile, I kiss. My love for her, everlasting.