Chapter 1: Keep Moving

Zoey'sPOV: "DON'T WORRY, I'M RIGHT BEHIND YOU GUYS, JUST KEEP GOING! DON'T STOP FOR ANYTHING! I LOVE YOU GUYS!" Acidy tears start forming in my eyes as I see nothing but black smoke, her and the blazing fire erupting in what used to be a hospital.

"I-I LOVE YOU TOO!" I yell as my lips start to quiver. Her hand touches my hot, burning face as her other hand grabs mine and puts something in it. She hugs me tight and kisses my forehead. I didn't look at what she gave me, but I put it in the front pocket of my skinny jeans.

Moans start to increase, We all turn around and see millions of walkers. "NOW GO, I'LL MEET YOU BOTH AT THE TOWN UP AHEAD!"

She lets me go and we run as fast as we can to get out of here.

We are running, running, running and trying to shot the walkers as moans and screams fill the air. But one scream stuck out to me, MY MOTHER! I skid to a stop.

"MOM!!!!!" I cry as I whip myself around and run towards her. She's being torn apart by those flesh eating monsters. I don't get to far before a hand grabs my wrist and jerks me back, I know it's Ryan's.

"ZOEY, WE HAVE TO KEEP MOVING! IT'S TOO LATE!" Ryan yells over the screams. Ryan Dixon is my brother. He's just like our dad, Daryl Dixon, tough and sometimes a pain in the ass.

"BUT WE JUST CAN'T LEAVE! MOM-"

"ZOEY! SHE TOLD US TO KEEP RUNNING AND NOT TO STOP FOR ANYTHING!" Ryan cuts me off.

I have no words, I'm frozen staring at his sweaty face. All I can do now is listen to Ryan, to keep running and shooting.

We slowly stop running as the screams of innocent adults and children dye down. The moans are fading away from my ears.

Ryan and I run into the small little town our mother was talking about. I don't know what the town is called, but it's a cute one, well except for all the trash on the roads.

I sigh. "Ryan, it's getting dark. If we stay out in the open, we'll basically be bait. We should check out this one." I point to a medium size house. It's 2 stories high, white with beautiful coral window sills.

"Sure, but I'm going in first." He says firmly. I roll my eyes, "Whatever."

We walk up a stone path to the beat up house. Our guns up to the middle of the old, white door.

Ryan has his hand barley on the rusty, gold door knob, then suddenly stops. Right before starting to move his fingers on to the rough knob, he looks at me with a weird look on his face.

A face that looks like he hears something. I also hear it, but it doesn't sound like a walker roaming around the house...