Chapter 2: Not Alone

...I was going to go and look through one of the cracked windows, but he swung his arm around me and pulled me into him.

"Just where do you think your going? We can't get separated, not now, not ever." Ryan whispers into my ear.

"I was just going to look an-"
"No, your not going anywhere. I don't want us to split up." Ryan harshly cuts me off. "I'll open the door and clear the place. After I check this first room, you stand guard at the door. Okay?"
"Okay." I say in delicate whisper.

Ryan mouths "3...2...1..." He slams the door open with his gun up ready to shot. I quickly turn around, checking to make sure someone or something wasn't behind me. Nothing.

I whip myself back around when I felt a hand touch my shoulder. He covered my mouth, knowing that I'm going to scream. Thank god it's only Ryan.

I sighed in relief and laughed a little. "Gezz Ryan Dixon, what the hell! Don't do that to me!" I whispered in a yelling tone.

He also laughed, "Clear." I giggle shaking my head side to side while guarding the door. While Ryan checked the rest of the house. The whole down stairs was clear, so he went to check upstairs.

A half-an-hour went by and Ryan still hasn't come down yet. I wonder what's taking him so long? I decide to run up stairs to see if he's alright.

I gently close the door and lock it, so no one or thing could get in. As I slowly make my way up the stairs, I hear Ryan's voice.

"Ryan? Are you alri-" I stop dead in my tracks when I see a handsome boy who looks like he's about our age. He was about to say something to Ryan right before I came up stairs.

The boys icy blue orbs widen as he has his mouth slightly open. "Ryan? Um...who's this?" I ask as motion my head towards the boy who is wearing a sheriffs hat.

"My names C-Carl, Carl Gr-Grimes." he stutters, holding out his hand. "My names Zoey Dixon." I smile grabbing his hand.

"Wait, did-did you just say that your last name... is Di-Dixon?" He sounds really scared, like no joke. His hand still holding mine.

"Yeah... why?" I ask curiously. "Do-do you have a father n-named D-Daryl?" Me and Ryan both look at each other like a "what the hell" look.

"Yes... do you know him?" I ask Carl. Now, this is getting really strange. "I actually do, he's part of our group."

I'm frozen solid, I'm not even blinking. Carl looks at me with concern. "Are, are you okay Zoey?" Carl steps closer to me.

I look at Carl noticing his long, greasy, brown hair. Suddenly, I burst into tears. Ryan runs over to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. Carl walks over to me and puts his hand on my arm. "We live at a prison, just up ahead. We have food, shelter and even a bed. If you want, I can take you guys there?" I slightly tilt my head. Carl has a comforting smile on his face.

"Su-" "Zoey, can I talk to you for a moment, in private?" Ryan, once again, cuts me off. "We'll be right back." I say and smile softly.

"Zoey, we don't know this kid. I think it's a trap." Ryan tells me in a hush tone. "But Ryan, he knows dad! And we need to be with a group, we need to be with dad, please Ryan?"

Then Ryan started to say something but all I could think about is the boy with the sheriffs hat, Carl.

CarlsPOV: WOW! Zoey is the most gorgeous girl I have ever laid eyes on. She has beautiful baby blue eyes that sparkle when she looks at you. Zoey's smile is so adorable, it makes me melt when I saw those big dimples of hers.

I snap out of my thoughts and look up only to see her glancing at me, smiling. I give her a smile back. Her and her brother start walking towards me.

"Me and Ryan talked about it, and we want to go with you-I mean-to your group." She says with a giggle.

Zoey'sPOV: "Well then, follow me." Carl says grabbing my hand. Ryan follows behind.

It's silent while we walk. Surprisingly, there isn't a lot of walkers. "So..um, do you...umm." Carl can't seem to find the right words. I chuckled at his attempt to try to talk to me. "Are you okay Carl?" I look into his eyes.

"Um..yeah..um how old are ya?" Carl asks looking down at me.

"I'm 14. How old are you?"

"I'm 14 also!" We both laugh. We both forgot that we're still holding hands. I look down at our hands, my hand fit in his perfectly.

It's so dark, Carl didn't see a rock and tripped. Since our hands are still together, I fell on top of him. When we fell, my head went striate down and my lips fell upon his, he kisses me back. His hands holding my waits and my hands on his cheek. We don't break from the kiss, sparks are flying. His mouth opens kissing me with passion.

Ryan clears his throat, "Come on, we should keep moving before walkers start to come." Me and Carl break away from the kiss, looking in each others eyes.

"Yeah..um..we should.keep.going..." I whisper to Carl with a little laugh.

"Um..yeah, it's-getting.late." Carl and I still in shock on how amazing it was. We both get up and he takes my hand, again. I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss the whole way to the prison. When we kissed, I felt like I was wanted. My brother isn't the type to be all hugs, he's the protective type.

When I met Carl, I was relived to know, that we're not alone.