Chapter 31

Logan waits for me on the steps in front of the main entrance. His hair is ruffled, as if he repeatedly ran his hands through it, and he's staring down at the skateboard in front of him. It's cold, the sky grey and ready for the icy cold winter weather, and Logan isn't wearing a coat, still in his crisp white dress shirt plus really nice black jeans. His expression is unreadable and even though he doesn't look up, he notices me right away.

"Why did you bring this?" I ask, "Did you want to skateboard - here?"

Logan makes a face. "Maybe I wanted to pose with it. But Johnny said no way."

I chuckle and sit down next to him, but Logan doesn't smile. He presses his lips together and doesn't even look at me. I sigh.

"Logan. What now?"

Logan snorts. "Nothing."

I want to strangle him.

"Jesus. Talk to me or don't. I have no idea what's going on."

"Oh really?" Logan says and laughs bitterly, "Really June - you don't know?"

I cross my arms in front of my chest. "No, I really don't. So tell me what's going on or I'll go and -"

"And what?" Logan spits on the ground in front of us, "You go back to cuddle up to your boyfriend? Rub it in my face some more, how happy and in love you guys are? Yeah, please go and do that."

I'm quiet for a few seconds, trying to comprehend what he just said.

"... what?"

"Yeah what, was this really necessary?" Logan sounds furious now, "This whole cringey couple shoot, what the actual fuck, June."

"Matthew wanted to take pictures -"

"Oh sure, Matthew," Logan snorts, "Seriously, what even are you two? Is he blackmailing you or something?"

"What?"

I have no idea what Logan is on about, but he sounds extremely mad for some reason.

"Why are you like this with him?" Logan spits, "I can't even look at you, this whole sweet-sweet cuddle-cuddle nonsense makes me sick."

"Says the guys with his tongue down Vivian's throat 24/7."

Logan gives me a glare. "Well sorry, but I am always like this. Meanwhile you - with me, you were cold as ice, seriously. I felt like I was kissing a statue! You never initiated anything between us, not even once!"

"I came to watch you at the skate park all the time!" I say and raise an eyebrow, "Do you know how exciting it is to sit there and watch you fail the same trick over and over again? And I still did it anyway! I did it because I really liked you, while you were all busy two-timing me with Vivian!"

"Oh, sure, I was so grateful you came to watch me, looking all annoyed and never talking to anyone," Logan snorts, "Really, great support. I felt the love."

I narrow my eyes at him.

"Also, talking about love," Logan continues, "Why do you tell me now you liked me, but never when we were together? I sometimes felt like you hated me. That was so hard for me, that made me feel so horrible, like an absolute scumbag taking advantage -"

"What is this, Logan," I hiss and cut his ranting, "Are you pissed I wasn't the perfect girlfriend? You're dating Vivian remember? Why do you care now, this is so dumb."

Logan looks taken aback and swallows hard. He runs a hand through his hair, making it even messier, and then shakes his head.

"You don't understand."