ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

332 B.C.

You stare out of the window at the beautiful scene in front of you.

Little children play around happily in the temple's garden without a care in the world.

Those five innocent children always bring baskets of fruits to the temple and would request politely if they can play in the garden.

You would gladly permit them.

"How are you doing today, (Y/n)?" a smile grows on your face upon hearing the familiar voice.

You turn around to greet the handsome priest.

"I'm good, Akl"

Akl is a young priest who found you knocked out at the footsteps of Amun's temple.

You didn't remember anything except for your name.

That's all you remember, but Akl decided to help you and took you to live in the temple with him.

And through this year, you managed to find yourself falling for Akl.

He's kind, sweet, and funny, what is there not to love about him?

And he also taught you many things, he taught you the greek and Persian languages.

He's husband material.

Thankfully, priests are allowed to marry and have children.

"I want to inform you about something, but I don't want you to worry"  you frown in worry.

"What is wrong?"

"Alexander of Macedon defeated the Persian army at the border and entered Egypt yesterday" your heart drops at the news.

Akl notices your sad expression and is quick to comfort you.

"I told you not to worry, he means no harm to Egypt" you shook your head.

"How do you know that?" you inquire.

"Because he didn't kill Egyptians"

You stare at Akl, realizing that you must confess your feelings, in case anything happens.

"Akl?"

"Yes, (Y/n)?"

"I love you" you whisper quickly.

"What? I did not hear that" Akl says with a smirk, which you didn't notice.

Suddenly, one of the priests barges in, panicking.

"Alexander of Macedon has arrived at the temple, we have to greet him"

You and Akl look at each other with surprise.

"That was quick"

𓅓𓃠𓅓𓃠𓅓

You stand beside Akl and the high priest.

"Welcome, Welcome, your highness, the new king of Egypt"

You try your hardest not to roll your eyes at how the high priest is greeting Alexander.

Alexander has golden locks of hair with heterochromatic eyes one eye was brown, the other blue. 

He's a bit short, but his height adds more to his handsome facial looks.

One of his men is staring directly at you with wide eyes, mumbling something to himself.

You feel like you saw this man before, but where? You don't know.

Oh, wait...

"I need you to inform the people, that I came here for peace, and that I'm the son of Amun just as I'm the son of Zeus"

You snort at his words by accident.

Alexander stops speaking and turns in your direction.

"You think I sound funny, huh?"
He walks over to you, before grabbing you by the hair.

Akl pushes Alexander away from you, causing the young greek man to get angry.

"Don't touch her!"

A fight broke out between the two men.

The man who was staring at you earlier quickly grabs you and leaves the scene.

Once you two are hidden away from public eyes, he turns to you.

"Oh thank God, you are alright"

You stare at him with narrowed eyes, before removing your hands away from his.

"Who are you?" you demand.

Aleksy's eyes grow big, speculating in his mind that you don't remember him.

Which he could use to his advantage.

"(Y/n)...I'm your husband, Aleksy"