Happy End? 2

As soon as Betty and Jughead left
Charles came in with a hudge box. Alice turned her head and looked at Charles.
Before she was even able to speak Charles said:
"Hey Alice,hey Mr. Jones."
FP raised his eyebrows.

"I brought you some of your stuff ,you had left at the farm."
"Is there anything still left there" Alice asked
"Yes I think so, but you'll get the rest of it the next few days"
"Okay...Thank you Charles" Alice had a smile on her face. She was just happy about the fact that she found her longlost son even though they had to work allot on their mother-son relationship.

"I need to go now"
"Why don't you stay Charles?"
"I have still allot of work about the case of the farm left. Maybe next week?"
"Of course..." Alice seemed a little disappointed but she tried not to show that.

As soon as he left she turned her head back to FP. It was a really weird feeling for both of them sitting alone infront of eachother after their breakup at FPs office. Alice thought allot about that and had many scenarios about anything that might happens between them when she leaves the farm.
Either refusing him? Or getting back with him? Or even not talking anymore to eachother at all?, but sitting infront of each other and having this embarrassing silence was not a scenario she had imagined.

"He looks allot like you, Alice"
Alice made big eyes. She didn't know what to answer about that.
"You mean?"
FP just nodded. Alice gave him a soft broken smile.

"Have you seen Charles before?" she asked
"I did a few weeks ago Betty introduced him to me..."

"FP-I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything about him beeing alive it was just..." she looked at him and finished her sentence then.
"I wanted to tell you...but then she came in town and you...rejected me"
"I did not reject you Alice...Look I was a terrible father to my children especially to Jughead! I wanted to make things better..."
"I know" Alice looked down
"But that doesn't mean that I had felt anything for her, she was just the mother of my children-"
"And what was I? Wasn't I the mother of your chil-- your first child too?!" she interrupted him.

Her words broke him inside. He knew exactly how much he just had hurt her with his words.
"You weren't just the Mother of my- our child. I hope you know that, Alice..."
Alice knew what he meant but she wanted him to say it even if she knew that he was bad with words.
"I don't know what you're talking about" she tried to say as cold as possible and crossed her arms.
FP stayed silent.

"You know, sometimes I'm just wondering if the things that happened between us just meant something to me and nothing to you!"
"You know that's not true Alice."
"Actually I think that it's true. Everytime we got a little closer you rejected me! What am I to you? An object?"
"It's hard for me to talk about that."
"Well...then we don't have to talk at all!" Alice said and got up.

"Alice wait" he got up and took her arm.
Alice didnt expect him to do that.
Both stood infront of each other now and he knew that this time it was his turn making her believe how much she actually meant to him.

"You're not an Object to me! Not at all. You actually mean something to me and I rejected you every time we got closer because I didn't know how you really felt about us. I didn't want anyone of us to get hurt." Alice didn't say a single word.
"Gladys might be the mother of my children but not the love of my life.
And you are both for me, Alice : The mother of my child and the person I truly love...I love you Alice..."
Alice never expected him to say that.
That wasn't something a tough man like FP Jones was able to say, wasn't it?

"I-" a little tear streamed down her face.
They fell into an embrace which was really comforting for both of them. FP noticed that a tear streamed down his face too.
Both of them closed their eyes and enjoyed it. After they got out of the embrace Alice looked deep into his brown eyes and leaned her head to kiss him.

Her hands were first on his cheeks and as soon as their kiss got more passionate her hands went on his neck while his hands were holding her back.