CHAPTER 2

"You're not in Kansas anymore." The man with grey hair and a nasty looking scar said. "You are on Pandora, ladies and gentlemen. Respect that fact every second of everyday"

"If there is a hell, you might want to go there for some R&R after a tour on Pandora." It sounded like it was exaggerated but by the nasty looking scar on his face it didn't seem like it.

"Our there, beyond that fence, every living thing that crawls, flies, or squats in the mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for jujubes." I saw almost half the room shiver.

"We have an Indigenous population of humanoids called the Na'vi. They're fond of arrows dipped in a neurotoxin that'll stop your heart in one minute."

"And they have bones reinforced with naturally occurring carbon fiber. They are very hard to kill." I turned to see jake coming in. We had dared each other to however found the room faster won. Not that I cheated necessarily but I found a short cut which made me get in one time.

The older man begin to walk a little and began to talk again. "As head of security, it is my job to keep you alive." He stopped before continuing with suspicion, "I will not succeed."

"Not with all of you."

"If you wish to survive, you need to cultivate a strong mental attitude. You've got to obey the rules. Pandora rules."

I tuned out the rest of his talk. I don't have the mental capacity to understand a thing he said.

I was walking with jake when we heard someone calling for us. "Excuse me, Jake, Sage!"

"You're jake, right? Toms brother." He stopped before continuing, "wow! You look just like him. Sorry, I'm Norm Spellman. I went through avatar training with him." He said smiling before turning to me.

"Sage!" He said turning to hug me I smiled excitedly hugging back I wasn't to big on hugs but I had known Norm since forever.

We continued to chatter, jake mostly staying quiet but talking when he wanted to. We finally arrived to the lab and smirked I was so fucking excited to meet grace, she was a legend and was so fucking hot.

"Hey, welcome. Welcome to Pandora. Good to have you." Said a man with curly black hair and glasses, he was adorable was the first thing that popped in my mind. We quickly shook hands as we talked.

"Damn! They got big." Jake said chuckling.

"Yeah they fully mature on the flight out. So the proprioceptive sims seem to work well."

"Yeah they've got great muscle tone." Responded the curly haired man. "It'll take us a few hours to get them decanted, but you guys can take them out tomorrow, there's yours."

"Hi, Norm Spellman."

"Max Patel" The curly sue responded as they shook hands. I watched as jake went to look at his avatar. He looked astonished.

"Looks like him." Muttered jake.

"No, it looks like you." Replied Norm.

"This is your avatar now jake." I responded smiling at him.

____________________________
Time skip
____________________________

"Why is her hair white?" Questioned jake.

"See, that's the thing... we don't know" replied Max.

"Lucky, I wanted white hair" whined Norm. I just rolled my eyes at him sticking my tongue out.

"Sucks to suck" I said with a smirk. He glared at me. And my smirk widened.

"They're coming out!" Someone yelled. My smirk got insanely wide. I knew what this meant it was time to see the legend herself. As the tubes opened I hear Ed a groan followed by talking.

"Who's got my goddamn cigarette?"

"Is that..." questioned Norm. I just simply nodded my head.

"Guys! What's wrong with this picture?"

Norm began to speak to jake, "Grace Augustine is a legend. She's the head of the avatar program. She wrote the book, I mean, literally wrote the book of pandoran botany."

"Well that's 'cause she likes plants better than people. Here she is Cinderella back from the ball." Said Max.

"Grace, I'd like you to meet Norm Spellman, Sage Smith, and Jake Sully.

"Norm, Sage I have heard great things about you two. How's your na'vi?"

"May the All Mother... smile upon our first meeting."

"Not bad. You sound a little formal." She spoke in Na'vi before turning to look at me.

"I studied for five years...but there is still much to learn"

"I look forward to spending the next six years together." I said a smirk on my face as I winked at her. Her eyes slightly widened before she looked away to hide it.

"Not bad at all" She muttered surprised.

"Grace? this is Jake Sully."

"Ma'am." He said extending his arm toward her. I could the anger in her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I know who you are, and I don't need you, I need your brother. You know, the PhD who studied for three years for this mission?"

"He's dead." He said monotony, "I know it's a big inconvenience for everyone."

"How much lab training have you had?" Grace questioned. Cmon jake don't say anything bc stupid.

"I dissected a frog once." My hand went straight to my forehead as I heard him. I grumbled slightly. I knew this would piss off even more.

"You see?" She started to Max. "You see? I mean, they're just pissing on us without the courtesy of calling it rain. I'm going to selfridge."

"No, grace-"

"No, man, this is bullshit!"

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"I'm going to kick his cooperate butt. He has no business sticking his nose in my department."

"Here tomorrow, 0800. Try and use big words"
____________________________