CHAPTER 3

"So how much time have you logged?"

"About 520 hours."

"That's good." Grace said before turning to me, "and you?"

"Almost 563 hours." I responded, her eys slightly widened. I heard Norm mutter a damnnit.  I smirked at him.

"Damn" muttered Grace. She quickly nodded at a tube to Norm. Telling him where to go before looking at jake. Nodding at a tube.

She turned towards me. Nodding to the one beside Jake's. I quickly got there and started to get in.

"Keep your arms and hands in" said the women helping me. I started to get put in.  I could barely see. I just closed my eyes and tried to relax.

When I opened my eyes it was blurry, and I saw two figures hovering over me.

"Sage, can you hear me?"

I let out a grunt to signify I could. She smiled at me. I quickly got shined in the eyes.

"Pupillary reflex is good." They quickly snapped the fingers near my ears. "Normal."

"How you feeling"

"Good" I replied, it wasn't long before they had me touching my thumb to my fingers and touching my toes.

It was going good until I heard something happening. I glanced at where jake was and they he was running out the door.

"Good damn it! Bring them home!" Yelled one of the doctors. I rolled my eyes before starting to undo the needles and things in me. I heard the doctors protesting but I could care less. I ran out the door filling where I saw Norm go.

"Wait up!" I heard Norm yell as I ran past him. The rest of the day was a blur mostly with me flirting with Grace and telling her these cringy jokes and puns.

I woke up the next day in the tube. I carefully got out. We quickly began to where the aircrafts were. There jake and I were supposed to meet a woman. I noticed a gorgeous looking woman. She had black hair.

"I'm Trudy. I fly all the science sorties. And this here is my baby. Hold on a second. Hey, Wainfleet! Get it done! We bounce at zero-nine.

"Yeah I'm on it capitaine!"

"Vine strikes still loose."

"You guys are packing some heavy gear." Jake stated as he strolled along.

"Watch it!" Yelled Trudy as jake almost got hit by a robot. Which I smirked at. It made Jake glare at me which I stuck my tongue out at him. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"Yeah, that's cause we're not the only thing flying around out there. Or the biggest. I'm gonna need you on a door gun. I'm a man short." Trudy said.

"I thought you'd never ask." She just smiled and let out a chuckle. I didn't want to ruin the little moment so I stayed quiet. As she began to walk I walked with her smirking as I told her flirting puns.

____________________________