Fifteen - Thunderstorms

The next morning, it took you a few moments to realize your situation after silencing your alarm and praying it hadn't woken Loki up. Not much was different, aside from a few obvious factors:

One: Loki had fallen asleep facing upward, but now he was turned to face you (although he was still asleep)
Two: there was rain hammering against the window, and the sky was shaded with so many storm clouds you barely would have realized it was morning
And three: the blanket between you had mysteriously fallen from the bed, leaving a very small gap between the two of you.

You slowly inched away, careful not to drag on the blankets or make too much movement - which was exasperatingly hard, because you were practically falling off the edge of the bed anyway.

You wagered that you had a few minutes before your alarm would ring again and you would actually have to get up. Normally, you would have taken that time to get in some more sleep, but that morning you had a more occupying task. Through the grey-casted room, you inspected every aspect of Loki's face.

Even from the half of his face that wasn't pressed into a pillow, you could easily make out his sharp features. A pang of envy struck you when you realized that, even though he hadn't put it up at all, his raven hair was still perfect. An even balance of waves and curls, framing his porcelain skin.

Had he always looked this amazing?

You weren't that surprised. He was a god, after all. He was bound to have godly features. Still, it was almost unnatural. You would have sold your soul to have skin that naturally perfect, or eyes that glimmered the way his did.

It took a second alarm to rip you away from your obsession. You rolled out of bed (literally, as you were dangerously close to hitting the floor already), slowly creaking open the door and pressing it closed behind you. The apartment was just as shadowy as your room had been, but a good chunk of it was illuminated by a silvery blue light; Roxy had the tv turned on, and was gripping a cup of tea in her hands while staring at it.

"Morning." You greeted, making your way to the kitchen, intent on grabbing something to hold you over until you could snag a pastry or something from work.

"Hey," she called back, still staring at the tv screen.

You turned back, curiosity getting the better of you. "What are you watching?"

"The news again," she chuckled, "I'm still sort of paranoid." After a moment of hesitation, she spoke again. "You're still being careful, right?"

That caught you off guard. "Of course I am. Why do you ask?" You asked, trying to mask your internal panic.

"He - Loki - just seems sort of unforgiving," she explained. "I mean, gods forbid you run into him. He might still hold a grudge."

"It's been 5 days," you insisted, "I'm pretty sure he's gotten past that."

Roxy tilted her head. "I guess. Something just feels... weird lately. I could just be paranoid again, but..." she looked to her wrist, squinting at the watch that decorated it. "I gotta head out. See you tonight." She said, grabbing her phone and throwing on a coat.

"See you," you waved her off, "and you stay safe, to." She nodded and disappeared out the door. You sighed, leaving back against the counter and softly banging your head on the unpleasantly cold door of the fridge. That was enough to drive you back to your bedroom.

You were sort of surprised that Loki was still asleep, but that was before the realization came that you would have to wake him up. You figured you couldn't use the water method again, because your bedsheets were now at stake; and he looked too peaceful for you to do that anyway. Instead, you reached forward across the bed, laying your hand gently on his shoulder.