Twenty - Escape Plan

"We definitely aren't supposed to be doing this," you whispered as the god of thunder led you through a few sleek hallways, "I am definitely not supposed to be doing this."

"Well, that's the fun part of it." Thor grinned, eyes set on his path.

"I think the fun part of it comes when we get Loki out." You replied.

"Does he know?" He asked, "About how you feel?"

You scoffed. "Of course not! We've known each other for, what, a week? Hell, I'm not even sure if I know."

Thor attempted to be stealthy, swiftly turning corners and avoiding guards. "Well, I hope you do, because it's going to take a lot of faith to get through this."

You sighed, following behind him. "Right. Where exactly are they keeping him again?"

"It's basically a cell," thor explained, "It's not unlike one they tried to contain him with before. This time, though, he isn't trying to escape."

"Isn't it going to be guarded? Like, heavily?" You asked.

Thor considered it. "Of course. But that won't be an issue with an avenger present."

You rolled your eyes at his flex. "Are we almost there?"

"Just about," Thor checked around a corner, before motioning for you to come forward.

Rounding the corner, you were greeted by the sight of a guarded off glass cell. Rogers was there, conversing with a guard, Stark was moving something around on a screen, and Nat was muttering something to hill. All of them were blocking your view of the inside of the cell.

"My friends," Thor said, clearly trying (and failing) to sound inconspicuous. "Do you mind if I make a visit?"

Natasha was the first one to notice you trailing behind him. "What is L/N doing here? You're supposed to be keeping them safe!"

"What makes you think they won't be safe here?" Thor alluded.

"He made them death threats, that's what." Hill said, unamused.

"Well, they've shown no signs of fear around him," the thunder god insisted, "you don't think it possible that he never actually harmed them?"

"See, that's what I was saying," you chimed in, coming up to Thor's side, "He never actually hurt me."

"Just because you have terrible taste in men, kid," Stark swooped in, "Doesn't mean that we're going to let you in. Why do you want to visit him so bad anyway?"

"We just want to talk with him." Thor answered. "He knows that we care for him. If we're with him, alone, he might say something useful."

"How do we know we can trust him?" Rogers said, an edge of concern in his voice.

"We can't," Thor replied simply. "We can't trust him not to give us answers, either."

After an awkward staring session between the team, Tony finally gave up. "Alright, you get five minutes."

As he pressed a few buttons and motioned for everyone else to start filtering out of the room, he turned back and mouthed five again before leaving. The door to the cell slid open, letting you both in before securing shut behind you.

You had expected more of a torture chamber, but it was sort of just... white. The glass surrounding the cell was slightly blurred, but the rest almost resembled a padded cell. It was painfully condescending. The only details in the room were a few pillars, a padded bench, and Loki, wrapped up in chains and leaned against the back wall of the cell.

His head popped up as the two of you entered, his eyes narrowing. "What are you doing here?" He barked, fists tightening underneath his handcuffs.

"Getting you out." You replied, moving closer.

Loki moved forward, arms still pinned to his back by the chains. "Listen. I've given up on trying to convince them. I'm going back to Asgard. I earned the punishment. I'll serve the time. Everyone is safe, everyone is happy."

"So, 'everyone' doesn't include you anymore?" You scolded. "Loki, come on."

"We don't want you getting hurt like this. If what you said isn't one of your lies, than we could help you be accepted here."

"What I said?" The trickster repeated, turning to you. "You told them?"

"Of course I told them," you defended, "you weren't going to tell them!"

"Ignoring the fact that they wouldn't believe me if I did tell them," Loki insisted, "I did, in fact, make you death threats. That wasn't mind control."

"Well, you never made good on them," you added, "And I don't believe that you ever intended to. I also don't believe that you would give up on telling them so easily if it was your only goal."

"Y/N is right," Thor agreed. "You have something else to accomplish, don't you?"

Loki narrowed his eyes, giving him a look of terrifying anger. "Did they send you here to coax more out of me?"

"We had to convince them to let us in here!" You motioned back to the door.

"So," he continued, "Why are you so set on getting me to talk? You know why I came here. You know that I gave up on it. What else is there to say?"

"You could tell us why you're insisting that you have to go back," you argued, "especially if you escaped to come down here and explain why you shouldn't have been there in the first place!"

"This is madness." Thor added. "This is insane. We don't believe you for a second."

"Have you ever trusted me on anything?" Loki shot his brother a tired look.

"You haven't given me much reason to." Thor grumbled back.

Tired of the bickering, you marched closer to the god, hovering over him like a raging storm cloud. "Listen to me," you said, seizing his attention, "I am going to keep trying to convince you that you aren't as bad as you think you are. I am not going to stop until you tell me why you think you need to be locked up for the rest of your life. Understand?"

The trickster's eyes glossed over with the start of tears. "Perfectly."

SHIELD's chains couldn't hold him before, so it made sense they wouldn't have been able to hold him then. However, the chains could very much hold you. With a flash of green light, you were thrown agains the wall of the cell. Loki had somehow magicked his chains away and was using them to hold you down.

By the time you realized what was going on, he had already made his escape.