[Chapter 3] The Senior Maids knows the real Cale

"What?"

It was early in the morning and Cale is already gaping at Hans with a look of incredulity.

"It seems that the Young Master Basen and Young Lady Lily had persuade the Count to let the three of you go on a trip after attending the celebration at the Capital." Hans had a smile on his face as he poured tea on Cale's teacup.

Cale let out a groan and sinked on his seat before rubbing his face with his hands.

"Whatever. We will stick to the plan." Cale's muffled voice could be heard between his fingers. He sat up straight and look at the shadow of the sofa his sitting at. The shadow distorted and two feline and a fox jump out of it.

The three ran to him and the fennec fox jump on his arms. The two feline was still wary of him but it was fine.

"How was your little adventure with Kira?" Cale asked petting Kira on his lap. After introducing the three to each other, Kira had been touring them around the place that she and Cale had gone to. Even Cale's headquarters.

"It was so good! There's a lot of kind people! There are beastmen to!" Hong answered enthusiastically. Cale smiled at his action before gesturing to the children to have breakfast.

Cale resumed sipping his tea as he watched the three kids ate on the table.

"The numbers of the staff had increased due to Young Lady and Young Master's involvement at the trip." Hans said while assisting the children.

It was Basen who's originally the only person to go to the Capital. And since his two siblings suggested a trip some things need to change.

Cale look at the children who's currently watching him while eating. "Do you want to go with me?"

The felines stared at each other before beaming at him.

"Yes!"

"Will there be a lot cakes? Nya."

Cale chuckled at Hong before wiping the sauce on his face.

"Yes. I'll buy you a lot of cake."

The two cats jump on him and purred at his embrace. The fennec fox look at them before opening her mouth to speak.

"He'll be jealous again, you know." Kira said staring at Cale reminding him of someone.

Cale froze on his spot before smiling at his thoughts.

"He's with Eruhaben with his lessons. I think Raon can wait for another week."

Kira shook her head before resuming her food. A certain great and mighty being was protective of Cale. He sometimes get jealous too despite his contradicting opinion. But when it comes to children within his age and had the same experience, his soft to them.

Cale wanted Raon to meet the kittens but the certain dragon was busy with his lessons.

"I heard his planning to ditch Eruhaben-nim's lesson like he did last time to check on me." Cale shook his head in amusement making Hans smile, because he too saw how the dragon treasured the young master.

"We'll be leaving tomorrow and I'm sure Raon can trace me with his magic." Cale shrugged Kira's worries making the fox sigh.

Morning arrived and and three siblings went on their journey to the capital. They mostly camp outside and sometimes spend a day or two at the inn they stop by. They were once ambushed by two group of robbers who joined hands to rob them because of the crest on their carriage. Too bad for them because Cale was the one who faced them.

The staffs who was included at the trip saw how the rumored trash, the eldest son treasure his siblings and how affectionate he becomes to the two kittens and the fox. He even had to step up for his siblings when the robbers threatened them even though he doesn't have to. They suddenly remembered the stories the senior maids and knights used tell them when they were new and too scared to serve the eldest young master.

Apparently, the eldest young master was lovable and respectful to the servants and staff of the estate until the death of the late countess. He became cold towards everyone until he started acting trash when his father got remarried.

The seniors once shared their opinions and theories due to the young masters sudden change of behavior. Some of them thought that Cale had became jealous to his new brother because Basen was stealing his father's affection.

But most of them theorize that maybe he became like this to divert the attention of the elders and the collateral families to his step-mother and brother. He choose to tarnish himself and sacrificed his image to lift the image of the new countess and his son.

The seniors had once saw Cale and the Countess comfortably talking to each other but no one had believed them because Cale have to uphold his trash behavior to divert the attention away to himself because of the enemies. He needs an image that no one will suspect to. A mask that he could easily wear and act in public. And he did. He fooled and made them see the trash Cale Henituse. He fooled them for ten years and no one ever noticed except for his family and a few servants who knew his plan from the start.

The staffs that was included in the trip felt guilty. Now they understood why the senior servants scolded them when they were bad mouthing the eldest young master. Because they knew Cale Henituse from the start. They saw Cale grew up and was offered affection by a once lovable kid at the estate.

It took them one more day to reached the gate of the Capital. Their carriage was stopped to identify the identities inside the carriage. After that, they were granted entrance.

"Hyung-nim, we'll will be touring outside?" Basen asked watching the scene from the window and was absently caressing On's fur who was sitting comfortably on his lap.

Cale who was currently giving Lily some pointers on her sword training look at Basen.

"Maybe tomorrow, we'll rest once we reached our residence."

Basen nodded at his words and smiled when Hong also asked for a pet.

A few more minutes had passed when they reached the residence. The servants was already outside and lined up, waiting for their arrival.

The servants suddenly flinched when Cale was the first to step down the carriage carrying two kittens and a pitch black fennec fox drape on his nape. Basen soon followed and lastly, Lily.

The servants of the Henituse Capital Residence bowed respectfully to the masters of the house and guided them inside. Cale had greeted them while Basen do all the talking.

The second young master and the youngest was kind while they were stealing a glance at the oldest who doesn't mind getting stared at because his only looking at the kittens on his embrace.

Was he really trash like the rumors said? They begin to ask themselves.

After that, the three had gone to their respective room to rest. And the servants who was included in the trip got dragged and interrogated by the servants of the capital residence about the eldest young masters behavior.

Hans had gone straight to Cale's room and saw the kids sleeping on the bed while the one he was looking for was outside the balcony.

"The're will be a lot talks at the Capital soon since there are  three child of the Henituse County present at the Capital." Hans handed Cale a folder with files inside. It was the information about the nobles, priest, mages that will attend the celebration.

"That'll be inevitable." Cale said as he skimmed through the folder before giving it back to Hans.

"That's indeed the case, young master. Also, Fressia will submitting her report later on and Eathan was on his way right now." Hans watched Cale loosened the buttons on his wrist of his white dress shirt before sitting at the study table at the corner of the room.

"That's good." Cale said and started writing on a piece of paper a smirk was plastered on his face.

(A/N: And yes I updated this story. How are you guys? Still there? 😂

Anyway, I'm too lost on how to continue my TCF Reaction Fanfic. 🙄 I need you guys to suggest a chapter so I can function properly again. The chapters that you guys suggested was on my other phone and it was still currently getting fixed because apparently they need to replace some pieces of my phone. So yeah! Leave a chapter suggestion!)