[Chapter 8] His deduction

Cale and Lock was discussing something about Lock's tribe and the others could only listen to their conversation. The familiarity between the two didn't go unnoticed by the individuals present in the room.

Cale seemed indifferent but he was actually listening to Lock. He responded with a hum and nod, and sometimes he will voice out his opinions.

"I see." Cale mumbled as Lock complained something about his uncle recent activities.

"Lock." Cale called making the teen focus on him.

"What are your plans now?"

Lock flinched from the question. He didn't expect that Cale would ask such a question.

There's a moment of silence inside the room and only the cookies being crunched on Cale's teeth could be  heard. He watched as the kid furrowed his eyebrows. He must've been debating in his head.

"If your planning on joining Choi Han, I don't have the reason to hold you back."

The teen immediately look up at him. Choi Han didn't actually expected Cale's opinion.

"Although, I want you to be careful." The look on Cale's eyes was very serious that couldn't be shrugged off.

Lock tilted his head.

"Lock, I want you answer some of my questions."

Lock didn't say anything but nodded.

"Hmm... Ron and Beacrox had been serving our estate before I was born." Cale placed his chin on his fingertips.  The two former servants watched their former charged. "In that long years of their service, why do you think they suddenly tagged along Choi Han who they just met at that moment?"

The atmosphere in the room suddenly got chilly.

Lock remained silent. He only heard from Choi Han that his village got massacred and he's the only survivor. He went to the territory lord to report on what had transpired inside the village. He also told him about the bastard who insulted his family and beat him up.

"There's only two reasons." Cale removed his chin from his fingers and held up two fingers.

"The first one, is that they have a clue about the massacred village. They may knew the culprit behind it, or they have encountered them before." Cale ignore the way the Molan duo stared at him.

"Picture this. Two servants of the Henituse estate joined Choi Han after reporting to my father. Choi Han, who was the only survivor of that village started to roam. After experiencing such tragedy, do you really think he would sit still and do nothing?"

Cale scoffed.

"He won't. That despair and aggression that he showed me was enough for me to know that he's not that kind of person. Of course. He will seek revenge."

Choi Han flinched.

"What was the connection between Choi Han and the father-son duo?"

Cale smirked that made Rosalyn shivered.

"Why does the Molans tagged along Choi Han who had simply reported to my father and left with him the day after?"

The individuals inside the room could see a glint on the red head's eyes. It feels like he's peeking right through them.

"Because they share the same desire."

Lock stiffened on his seat while Rosalyn gaped at him.

Choi Han clenched the hilt of his sword to calm down his nerves. While the Molan duo looked at their previous young master. They might look composed and all but the way their pupils trembled made Cale think that he'd hit a bullseye.

"The second reason." Cale's tone suddenly change and became carefree as he slumped on his chair. "They're just got tired of seeing the same scenery and decided to join Choi Han for a breather." Cale casually shrugged his shoulders. "Who knows."

Cale changed the atmosphere by his last statement. But anyone within the room feared the young master's deduction.

Ron composed himself before showing his signature benign smile.

"Such deduction from the young master is truly incredible. But why do we need to seek revenge?"

Cale peeked through his lashes who had closed his eyes when he slumped on his seat.

"Hmm... A very light feet and produced no sound as you move. A very fluid movement that a mere servant couldn't posses. Keen senses that exceeds the knights. Calculative movements and vast knowledge that rivaled a Count. And a very interesting dagger peeking from your clothes." Cale huffed closing his eyes once more.

"Sounds like an assassin to me."

The benign smile faded from his lips and touched the outline of his dagger through his clothes.

This young master of his.

Ron chuckled making the others look at his direction.

"Ten years. You're still sharp as ever, young master." The wrinkles shows on his face as he smiled at the red head.

This rumored lout is a genius when he wants to. No, he's really a genius. People don't see that because the mask that his former charged always wore. But Cale's former tutors and instructors had long given up on him because of his broad knowledge. They should be teaching him the things he should know but in the end they will be the one being educated instead.

Ron could still remember the wails that filled the hallways that day. Cale's instructor was crying as he run outside the study of the young master, as he reported to the Count that the red head doesn't need education because his capable of learning by himself. 

That day, rumors spread at the Henituse castle that the young master is not going to attend anymore classes because he has already learn it by himself.

Rosalyn who had heard about Cale Henituse from Choi Han, couldn't imagine the things Ron had describe the red head.

As a crown princess of a kingdom, she also has knowledge about nobles of different kingdoms. And the things she heard and read information about Cale Henituse was all negative. But as she listens to his deduction and opinions. She might need to rethink that.

"Cale-hyung, how are you sure that grandpa Ron did want revenge?" Lock asked the red head.

Cale heard the teen but did not bother to open his eyes.

"Ask him. I have no plans to interfer on someone else's business." Cale grunted and fixed his position.

"Since you're joining Choi Han at this point, don't let your guard down and be wary. As someone who chases after revenge, their path is thorny and uncertain. Be careful." Cale stood up from his seat and adjusted his wrinkled coat.

"I'll be leaving first. I'm currently busy at the moment."

Cale walk out of his office leaving Choi Han and the others behind.

"I see. The puppy had become a fox." Ron suddenly commented with a smile on his face. Beacrox nodded his head in agreement. While Lock had tilted his head in confusion.

"We'll be leaving tomorrow. I heard that there will be a big event." Choi Han sigh, not entirely move on from what transpired earlier.

"Yes. It's the King's 50th birthday and the entire kingdom is to celebrate that day." Rosalyn added.

"I feel something will happen. My instincts are telling me." Lock looked at the them before looking at his hands trembling. It's not just instinct, he just know something will happen.

He knows Cale, and that hyung of his will not move until something serious will happen. The fact that Cale came here and did not stay to his head quarters already alerted his senses.

"We must prepare before we leave."