19

Sev's POV

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

"Billie?" I call out.

The only thing I could hear was unsteady breathing on the other end of the line.

"Billie? Talk to me, what's wrong?" My voice filled with concern now.

"..I-I.. help" she says in a hushed tone.

After the shock fades, my brain kicks in to over drive, "okay baby just stay on the phone with me, I'll be right there."

She doesn't respond which worries me further, "Bil, I need you to talk to me. Tell me what's happening."

Billie started bawling, her labored breathing breaking my heart. I quickly slip on some shoes, grab my car keys and run to my car. Not giving two fucks about speeding I get to her house in 10 minutes max.

"Billie I just pulled up to your house, is the door unlocked?" I ask.

The line is silent, I can only faintly hear her slow breaths. I rush out of the car and get to her front door, thankfully it was unlocked. I hang up the phone and rush inside. I'm started by two people, who I'm assuming are her parents, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Where's Billie?" Is all I can say.

"In her room, is something wrong?" They ask standing up from the couch.

I felt so bad for not responding to them, instead I run through the house opening every door until I find her room. Empty. My eyes examine the room, finding a door, I twist the knob but it's locked.

"Billie, are you in here?" I knock on the door.

My ear now flush against the door, I can hear little sniffles. I can feel her parents watching me from behind, "baby can you unlock the door?"

"Billie, honey, open the door" her mother chimes in.

Nothing.

"Step back" her father says stepping in front of us, "Billie move away from the door."

He gives her a few seconds before forcefully shoving the door open with his upper arm and shoulder.

Billie looks at me with weak puffy eyes that were bloodshot red from crying. Bile began to come up my throat at the sight of her wrist.

I sit on the floor, pulling her onto my lap. I decide not to fight the tears threatening to fall, "I'm so sorry baby" I mumble.

How could I have been so stupid? How didn't I know about this? When did this start?

So many questions clouded my thoughts, I feel a tap on my shoulder. Her mother was handing me a rag, I carefully took hold of her bleeding wrist peeling off the blood-soaked bandage and replacing it with the once clean white washcloth.

I let Billie's parents aid her after a few minutes of holding her, I didn't want to get in the way so I sat in the living room to give them space with their daughter.

Upon sitting I noticed the thin coat of red on my hands making me get back up and head to the nearest sink in the kitchen to wash it off.

Once I was done I heard foot steps approaching, I mentally prepared myself for the shouting and blame that was about to occur. Her mother approached me first as I dried my hands on my shorts.

"How did you know what was happening?" Her mother asks looking at me with glossy eyes.

"S-she called me.. I didn't t-think she would after what-" I had to pause to stop the sob threatening to rip through me. "I'm so sorry. I h-have to go."

I turn to leave but a hand on my shoulder halts my movements.

"Please tell us what happened, this isn't the first time she-"

"W-what?" I whisper my eyes flicker between the both of them.

"She doesn't like to talk about it, it uh.." her mother starts but can't seem to finish. "It was a really hard time for her.. she still has trouble living with the scars on her stomach" her father adds.

"S-stomach.." I stammer as the memory of the first day she came to my house plays in my head.

"Was that girl the was on your lap in lunch your girlfriend?"

"Why? Jealous?" I smirk.

She just chuckles, "okay asshole." I say.

"Aw did I hurt your feelings?" She laughs.

"You think I give a fuck if you into me or not? Don't flatter yourself, Billie." I spit. "Why you dress like that if you like dick?"

"That's none of your business" she responds quickly.

"Did I strike a nerve?" I laugh, "what are you hiding under those baggy clothes?" I move closer to her hooking my finger at the bottom of her shirt.

Her eyes widen and she pushes me away roughly making me fall on my ass.

"What the fuck?!" I shout getting back on my feet, my face inches from her. My heavy breathing blowing her hair back.

"Leave me alone" she whispers barely loud enough for me to hear, beads of tears falling from her blue eyes.

My face contorts. What the fuck is her problem? I was just playing around. I'm not even sure what to do or say right now. She grabs her things and leaving brushing past me heading down the steps.

I'm such a dumbass..