Chapter 3

Alex slowly opened his eyes which one of them would not open cause it was swollen shut. His body ached all over and he knew that he was in the same apartment. It was morning. He got up slowly, he winced several times. He sat up on the couch and looked around with a some what unfocused eye. A man walked in with a cane looking thing in his hand. Then the women also came in and saw that Alex was awake.

"I'll go get a ice bag for you eye." She said dispersing into the kitchen. The man sat next to Alex.

"Must not tell anyone my identity." He said and then he remembered Daredevil. They were the same person.

"No problem. I have that as well." The women walked in and handed Alex the ice pack and he put it on his eye. "Can I know your names." Daredevil nodded to the girl.

"I'm Claire." She said.

"I'm Mathew." He touched is watch and it said the time. 7:38. "I have to go to work. Keep an eye on him." He said leaving the room and out the door. Alex sighed. He removed the ice pack.

"How does it look?" He asked Claire. She went closer to Alex and looked at it closer.

"Better than last night." She said. Alex nodded and put the ice pack back on. He move a little and winced. She noticed but didn't say anything.

"Why are you guys helping me?" Alex asked.

"He has a soft spot for kids in need." She said.

"I don't need help." Alex said. "I never get help in my line of work." He said. She frowned at what he said.

"Everyone needs help sooner or later." She looked at Alex and saw he was all covered in blood. "Let's go get you washed up." She got up and so did Alex. He closed his eyes as pain went throughout his ribs. She helped him to the bath room. She put down the toilet set so Alex could sit down.

"How did you get into helping Mathew?" He asked. She grabbed a washcloth and got it a little wet to try and wipe off some of the blood.

"Well I found him in the dumpster almost dead. Helped him and he helps keep me safe. I also bandage him up." Alex nodded. "Shirt off." She said lightly.

"I can't do that." He said. She looked at him confused. "I've been through a lot." He started to take his shirt off and the first thing she see is the sniper wound and then scars that covered his whole body. She covered her mouth at all the scars.

"Oh my. What happen to you?" She asked.

"Torture, missions, bullets, number one person wanted dead by Scorpia. It's part of the job." Alex said like it was not big deal. Alex straighten up and winced at the pain.

"I think you have a broken rib." Claire said. Alex nodded and took a deep breath. She continued to clean up Alex's face. Then she went to go get him another shirt. Alex got up and had his back to the door. He was in front of the sink looking at his eye and all the bruises on his chest. Alex looked down at the sink. He stretched out his back making some of his earlier wounds open again. He felt his blood go down his back.

"How did I get into this mess." Alex said to himself. Claire walked in and stopped dead in her tracks. She saw his back and felt her heart break.

"Alex?" She said. Alex looked up into the mirror. She then saw the scorpion burned into his skin. She put her hand over her mouth.

"Like I said. I have been through a lot." Alex said turning around. She went out of her shook and grabbed more bandages.

"Sorry. Mathew does not have that bad of scars as you do." She said. "I have never seen that many scars on such a young person." She said. Alex stood still as she bandaged up his back. She then handed him a shirt.

"Thanks. I have to go soon. MI6 wants me to send them a report about what I found." He was about to walk out of the bathroom when the door opened. Alex went up against the wall.

"What?" She said quietly.

"The door opened." He said then he heard people talking.

"Come on Foggy. I have nothing to hide here." He heard Mathew say. Then Claire walked into the living room.

"Hi Foggy." She said.

"Morning." The other man greeted.

"See nothing to hide but her in here." Mathew said doing a perfect lie. Alex stayed close to the bathroom.

"I guess your right." He said. Alex tried not to breathe a lot.

"Now would you leave Foggy. I will see you back at the office." Mathew said. Foggy laughed.

"I see what you said. Well played. Bye Mat." He heard the door close. Mathew and Claire came into Alex's view.

"I'm going to go." Alex said heading for the door with a slight limp.

"Your still hurt. You should stay for a little bit longer." Claire said.

"No. I put people in danger and I have to go back to MI6. Do a report." He said. Mathew grabbed his arm.

"Be careful. Before you leave promise me that you won't get any crazy ideas." He said to Alex.

"No promises. I have a job and that's all to it." Alex said leaving the room. He pulled out his phone and called Blunt.

"You going to say yes to the mission?" He asked.

"It's suicide but I an going to do it." Alex said. Mathew was listening to the conversion.

"Good. It's still in Hells Kitchen so you don't have to travel." Blunt said.

"I want a one month vacation if I survive." Alex said.

"Deal." The conversation ended and Alex walked to his hotel to grabbed his things and change into something different. He us a special cream that would help with his black eye. Alex silently thanked Smithers for it. Alex only had a few pairs of cloths and he left the hotel room to meet up with his contact.