Chapter 4

Alex walked into a cafe and sat down. He sat in the corner next to the emergency exit. He ordered a coffee. He also mad sure that the half of his face that had the black eye was in the shadow. A man in a suit walked in and saw Alex. He sat down a crossed from Alex. Alex took a sip of his coffee. His cover is Alex Volkov. He prepared his Russian accent.

"Alex Volkov?" He asked. Alex nodded. He held out his hand. "James Wesley. I work the big man."

"I know Mr. Wesley." Alex said.

"You also do know that if you work for us that you can not say his name." He said. Alex looked around to see that everyone was leaving the cafe.

"Understandable." Alex said.

"Good. Come with me Mr. Volkov." The man got up. Alex took one more sip of his coffee and put his hood up. He was wearing a zip up jacket. Then Alex got up and James lead Alex to a black car. He got in and so did Alex. They drove around the block and Alex noticed it. James pulled out a folder and took out a pen and started writing things down. "We must know how old you are?" James asked.

"If you must know 18." Alex said. He was lying but James didn't know that. He wrote it down.

"Young to be in this line of work." He said. He then looked up and saw Alex's eyes. "Nice shiner you got there. Get into a fight." Alex looked at him and tried to cover his black eye more.

"Yes. I ran into this man in all black. He beat me up but I fought back." Alex said trying not to brag but he ended up any way.

"You said a man in black?" James asked interested.

"Yes. His eyes were covered." Alex said.

"I think we have a common enemy now." James said smiling. Alex could not help and smile. They arrived at a house and James took Alex inside. One thing that worried Alex was that he didn't know where he was. They walked into a room where a large man was standing looking at a painting. He turned around to see Alex and James walking towards him.

"This is the famous Phoenix I have been hearing so much about. Nice to meet you." The man said. Alex knew him as Wilson Fisk. Alex shook his hand.

"Sir." Alex said because he was not allowed to say his name. Alex still had his hood up. Alex never like getting a black eye cause you can't cover it up.

"Why don't you got get Mr. Volkov some ice for that eye of his." Fisk told James. James nodded an walked into the kitchen. "Sit Alex." Fisk sat down and Alex sat a cross from him. James walked in a little later with a bag filled with Ice cubs.

"Thanks." Alex said as he took the bag. Then James took his set on the side of Alex. There was four chairs.

"Alright let's get down to business. I have a job that I would like you to work on." Fisk said. He handed Alex a picture of a blurry image of Daredevil. "His name is Daredevil. He has been making my business go down hill." Fisk said. Before he continued Alex spoke. Alex knew what he was going to say.

"You want me to kill him or at least capture him for you to kill him." Alex said with the ice pack against his eye.

"Yes precise. I love this guy." Fisk said. James smiled a little. "How will it cost to do either or?" He asked. Alex thought about it for a moment.

"I will do if for free if I get to watch it. He's the one that gave me the black eye. I want pay back." Alex said. He knew he had to warn Mathew before this all went down.

"Great. You shall be a guest in my house tonight. We will talk about the rest of this in the morning. James show him to a room and I will send up a maid to the room to get you a suit. We shall dine tonight." He said leaving the room. James got up and lead Alex to a room. Alex sat his stuff down on the ground. He felt some of his wounds open up as he bent over. He was starting to get a headache but he pushed it a side and changed into a suit that was in his bag. He still had a ice pack but it was on the bed right now. He looked at his eye and saw that it was not as bad as it was that morning. There was a knock at the door and a women walked in.

"I see that you have a suit already." She said walking in and set down a first aid kit. "The boss said you were hurt." She said. Alex looked at her and noticed that his face had gotten paler from the blood loss.

"I'm fine." He said. She grabbed his hand.

"He insists that I look at you." She said. She pushed him down on the bed. Alex was shock and she grabbed the first aid kit. He started to remove his jacket and he wince from the pain of some of the wounds and his broken ribs.

"What's your name?" Alex asked as he unbutton his shirt. She walked over and sat next to Alex.

"Mary." She said. "May I ask yours." Alex smiled. He finished unbuttoning his shirt and took it off, showing all his scars on his back.

"Alex Volkov." He said. She didn't looked fazed by all the scars. She removed the bandages on his back and clean them up. Then she put a new bandage on.

"Let me look at that eye of yours." He turned to face her and she looked at his eye. "Not much I can do but put a little make up around it." She said and grabbed a little foundation and put it around his eye. Then James walked in and saw that Alex was being patched up.

"Mr. Volkov, ready for dinner?" He asked. Alex looked over at him and got up from the bed.

"In a second." Alex turned around and started putting on his shirt. James saw the scars and was a little sad. A little. Once Alex got the jacket on everyone left the room. James lead Alex to a table that had three plates out. One for all of them.

"I see that Mary did a good job at patching you up." Frisk said. Alex sat down at the table.

"Yea. Thank you for that." Alex said.

"No problem. You know she's single." Frisk said. Alex raised a eye brow.

"No thank you. In my line of work I can't do that." Alex said. Frisk nodded. Then some food arrived and there was wine.

"Would you like some wine." Frisk asked.

"No thank you. I don't drink and I'm underage." Alex said. Frisk smiled. James walked over and sat down.

"You are a well mannered kid." Frisk said. He laughed a little. Alex smiled sightly.

"Thank you. I am not a full street kid." Alex said. They did some small talk and ate their dinner. Alex got Fisk to laugh a little bit and in real terms Alex had a good times. His wounds did not hurt him. Towards the end the dinner Frisk asked Alex a question.

"How did you get into this type of business?" He asked. Alex looked up at Frisk.

"Well my father started the business before I was born. Meet my mother. When a was a few months old both of them dead in the middle of a gang war. My uncle raised me to be the leader then he died and I took over the business." Alex said with some truth in his words. Either way he still lied flawlessly.

"I see. Rough life." Frisk said. Alex nodded he was done with dinner and dessert came out. It was chocolate cake.

"This is good." Alex said as he ate the cake.

"One of my favorites to get." Frisk said. After a little bit they finished dessert. Alex looked at his watch and it said it was 10 pm. James noticed.

"It's getting late. I think we should all go to bed." James said getting up. Frisk and Alex stood up and walked to there rooms. Alex changed into some pj's and slipped into bed. He fell asleep.