Chapter 6- The dream

As soon as my head hit the pillow I began to dream. It was a memory really and even though I knew what would happen, I didn't want to wake up.

"Catherine come on! We need to hurry up if we want to get to the party on time." Sam whispers.
I stop focusing on my task to stare at him with an annoyed look on my face and say "Really? Thanks for stating the obvious." with a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, come on." Matt and Lee both add.
I can't suppress the smile that follows. "Do you want me to get this done or not?" I ask with a silent laugh.
All three of them nod in answer to my question.
"Right, then you need to shut up so I can get on with it." I whisper.
Shifting my focus back to the task at hand, I squint my eyes a little as to try and see the outline of my target. The darkness that surrounds me is doing its job so I have to visualise where my target was last and work from there.
Silently taking an arrow from my quiver I load it onto the bow and draw back, using my mouth as an anchor and take a deep breath in through my nose. Whilst exhaling through my mouth, I release the arrow and the moment it hits the target the lights come on, almost blinding in contrast.
Looking at the target that is 100 yards away from where I'm standing, a smile spreads onto my face when I see that it has hit the target directly in the centre. It's the perfect shot.
Walking closer to look at my opponents target which was also 100 yards from where he stood when he took the shot, I can see the bullet hole about one centimetre off the mark. My smile grows even bigger when Sam, Lee and Matt all cheer a little with laughter.
"Ha, it's good David... but it's not good enough." Sam says to my opponent whilst giving him a little pat on the back.
"Wow, very impressive Green." David says with raised eyebrows.
"You're not too bad yourself, Pole." I say with a little smile.
David works for the same agency as we do. He's tall with light brown hair and dark eyes. He's very handsome, a lot of the girls here are after him but he doesn't seem interested, too focused on the job, just like me and my team; the job is something that we dedicate ourselves to even though it may not seem like it sometimes, we're too busy to have time for relationships really.

"You really are the best marksman we've got." George, David's second in command says as he smiles and pats me on the shoulder.
David is a team leader as well. He is followed by George and then Mikey and Will. They're the 'second best'.
Whist all smiling and chatting with the other team my phone rings.
"Catherine, are you coming? You told me to be at yours for 5 and it's almost half past." my best friend Katie says over the phone sounding concerned.
Being a trained spy and everything, I'm never normally late but this is something I wanted to delay.
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I'll set off now, see you in a minute." I reply just before ending the call.
"That was Katie, I have to go now but I'll see you all later yeah?" I announce to both teams.
"Yeah, c'mon lets go! We'll drop you off at yours first and then come down as soon as we're ready." Sam says as he practically pushes me out the door, barely giving me enough time to wave good-bye to David and his team.

"Aww, your mums so nice. I know I say that every time but she really is." Katie says with a laugh as we start to get ready.
"Right, so the party starts at half 6 meaning we only have an hour!" Katie continues with a slightly panicked tone just as we start to get ready.