11

———

———

Taehyung couldn't move. Even when the steps got closer to his bedroom door. Jungkook and Jimin were noticing the odd behavior but didn't get to question him when the door opens.

A girl with dark brown hair steps inside, a gasp leaving her lips when she sees the boys. Taehyung stands, running over to the girl.

"Sejeong!" Taehyung brings her into a hug. She smiles, hugging him back.

Taehyung's sister pulls back and cups his face, "What are you doing home? Did something happen?"

He shakes his head, "I'm fine. Where did you go?"

Jungkook and Jimin awkwardly watching as the two talk. Taehyung completely forgot about them being there.

Sejeong starts to walk to the dresser taking some things out. "I'm not staying."

Taehyung's smile drops. "What?"

She shoves clothes into a backpack she had on. "I just came to get a few things. I didn't know you would be here."

"Y-you weren't even going to say goodbye?" Taehyung asks, "Why did you even leave without me? I don't under-"

"Stop, Tae. I can't be here," She says, her voice sounding exhausted.

"You can't leave me again," Taehyung says as tears gather in his eyes. She sadly looks at her little brother.

"I'm so sorry," She whispers, putting her forehead on his. Taehyung sniffles, closing his eyes when she pulls away.

"Just tell me why," He speaks up with a strained voice.

She looks at the two boys behind him who were watching them.

"I can't."

"But-"

"Stop. Just... Just be brave," She says, her own eyes watering. She storms out before she could cry.

Taehyung sits there silently. He stares at the door she left out of. His tears stopped running and his eyes started to sting from not blinking in a while.

   Jimin scoots closer and puts a hand on Taehyung's bony shoulder, "You alright?"

   No, he wasn't alright. His sister left him again with no explanation. She left him with someone who will most likely kill him one of these days. Did She not care for him anymore? Did he push her away?

   Taehyung's eyes starts to water and he looks down, "I'd like to be alone, please."

   Jimin looks over at Jungkook sadly. The boys stand.

   It use the be easier when Taehyung didn't have friends. No one to disappoint. No one had to save him from all the shit in his life. He knew that Jungkook probably gets tired of needing to protect him at school and Jimin probably doesn't want to deal with feeding him. He is just a burden on them.

   "Sorry, Tae," Jimin says as the two walk towards the door.

   Taehyung nods. He couldn't find his voice to speak. Not like there was anything to say to that.

   Jungkook gives the boy another glance before he walks out.

   Taehyung just stares at his hands until his tears blur his vision.

———

   Once both boys were back in Jimin's car, they just sit in silence for a minute. Jimin sighs and starts his car as he speaks, "Poor guy."

   Jungkook nods in agreement. He looks over at Jimin and he couldn't help but notice how good he looks. He doesn't look like a typical rich kid. He isn't into the preppy "my daddy's money" look that most kids have. He has his own expensive style that demands attention. His blond hair looks natural and shiny, his earrings look to have real diamonds in them, his clothes are most likely a big brand name, and the golden watch on his wrist probably cost more than Jungkook's rent.

   Jimin pulls out of Taehyung's driveway and heads back towards the school. Jungkook speaks what's on his mind, "How much money do you have in your bank account?"

   Jimin chuckles at his question and shrugs. "What? Planning on robbing me?"

   Jungkook rolls his eyes at him.
   "Your whole outfit probably cost more than mine and Taehyung's houses combined."

   Jimin scoffs at that, "Don't be dramatic. I like nice things. Sue me."

   "Tempting."

   Jimin chuckles. Jungkook gives a small smile but looks out the window to hide it. He was just being jealous. He wishes he could not care about money so damn bad.

   Jimin's eyes go to the radio screen in the car. "School's almost out. Want me to drop you off at your place?"

   Jungkook would die if Jimin ever saw the dump he lives in. He shakes his head, "Nah, just drop me off at school. I have to get my bike."

   "Kay."

   Jimin stops in the parking lot when they arrive at school. Jungkook was about to get out when he pauses.

   "Do you know if that pawn shop you stopped me at accepts weapons?"

   Jungkook didn't want to ask but he doesn't want to go in there just to be judged and turned away.

   Jimin shrugs, "Not sure. Why? You need some money?"

   "Yeah," Jungkook says, not thinking before it came out of his mouth.

   "How much?"

   Jungkook sighs. "Don't."

  "What? I could help!"

   Jungkook gets out of the car. "I don't need it."

   "I'm not implying anything if I wanna lend you money," Jimin says. Jungkook shakes his head at him. He closes the car door before Jimin could say anything else.

   Jimin sighs and watches Jungkook's broad back as he walks away. What a stubborn son of a bitch.

   Jimin pulls out and drives home.

———

   Jimin sits on his bed, looking around at all of his things. Most of the things in his room did cost a ridiculous amount of money. He shouldn't feel bad about spending money he has to spend, but he did. He never realized how much money mattered. He always had it.

   He thinks about Taehyung's house and how crappy it was. He had no idea about his living condition but he knew it wasn't good. Poor kid barely got to eat.

   Jimin goes inside his closet, looking around for clothes he never wears anymore. He grabs a tote bag he used once and starts to fill it up. He fills it with clothes he assumes Taehyung would like. He hopes that the boy would accept it. He would give some to Jungkook, but he knew how that would go.

   Jimin hangs the bag on his door handle with his backpack. He takes off his jewelry and sets it on his desk before he hops into his comfy bed.

   He snuggles in deeper and sighs in comfort. A few miles away, Taehyung lays stiff in his bed as he hears his fathers heavy footsteps through the house, praying he doesn't come into his room. Another few miles from Taehyung, Jungkook lays in his squeaky old bed, trying to block out the t.v his mom was blaring in the other room.

   The three boys have each other on their mind and it was the only thing that made them relax enough to fall asleep.

———