Boar Hat 2

A Few Minutes Later :))))

      It doesn't take long to get to the hut I look up at the sign

      "Huh...Boar hat...I wonder why it's called that?" I whispered. 

      I shrug and then enter the tavern immediately filled with warmth thanks to the welcoming atmosphere and chatter. 

      "Oink! Hoink! Oink! Another customer!" A voice shrieked. I looked around confused. Where did that voice come from?

      "Down here man!" the voice yelled. I looked down to see a plump pig making my mouth water. 

      "My name is Hawk! What would you like to eat!" Hawk smiled. 

      "You-I mean anything is good," I smiled back. 

      "Sure! I just gotta wait for Meliodas to get back here. He's the only one who can cook. Well if you don't have tastebuds at least," Hawk grumbled. I sat down on a wooden stump in the middle of the room finally able to rest my legs on something at least more comfortable than the concrete ground of Liones. 

      A door chime rings welcoming the entrance of a blond-haired kid. 

      "What's a kid doing in a tavern?" I whispered.

      "I'm not a kid," the blond-haired boy pouted, "My name is Meliodas. I own this tavern." 

      He smirked then clapped his hands together as he recalled, "Oh your that girl I bumped into in Liones."

      "Here's your loaf of bread," Meliodas smirked as he tossed the loaf.

      "Thanks..." I replied. I looked down at the dirty, battered loaf. Just needs a little dusting...I dust the loaf and rub it on my clothing only dirtying the loaf further. 

       "I don't think you should eat that," Meliodas laughed. 

      "Yeah me either," I laughed tossing the loaf to the side. 

      "The food here isn't exactly edible either but we have good booze," Meliodas informed.

      "Just give me whatcha got anything is better than nothing...well except that loaf," I replied.

      "Sure thing! Be back in a sec," Meliodas smiled. 

      I looked around the room to see different bunches of drunk men and women around the room downing booze. 

      "Man those*burp* Holy Knights*burp* think that there're*hic* all that walking around like a bunch of*burp* hotshots," a drunk man laughed.

      "I know right*burp*I wish someone could just give them*hic* a knocking or two to put them in their place," another hollered. 

      "Maybe those Seven*burp* Deadly Sins can give them a*hic* talking to," another one boomed.

     "Say...how much they paying*hic*if ya find one," the first one asked.

     "I don't*hic* know but it's a lot," the second one laughed.

     "Wh't*burp* I w'uld do*hic*w'th all that'r mo'ey," another said while stumbling over.

      "Hahaha! Shut up ya drunkard!" Another laughed. The rest erupted in laughter and chatter spilling booze everywhere. What if I found one of those Seven Deadly Sins? It would set me up for a while eventually allowing me to establish a home. Maybe, I'll even be stable enough to get a job. 

      "Hahaha! Settle down guys most of the booze ain't even going into your mouths!" Meliodas chuckled while walking over with a tray of food. 

      "Whose that devilish meal for!?" A drunk man laughed.

      "The pretty new customer over here," Meliodas smiled. I blushed and then buried my face into my knees. Meliodas slammed the tray of food in front of me.

      "Enjoy!" Melidoas said.

      "If that's even possible," Hawk grumbled.

      "Hey! Keep talking like that and you might end up on the menu," Meliodas laughed. Hawk squealed and then trotted away yelling "piggy-trot." I giggled and then spooned the warm meal into my mouth. I could feel the muscles in my jaw tense at the strong, bitter flavour but my stomach still smiled hungrily. 

      "I know it's bad...you don't have to eat it if you don't want to. It's on me," Meliodas nervously chuckled.

      A tear rolled down my cheek as I continuously whispered, "Thank you." 

      I didn't know why I was crying. The food tasted like dog droppings but even so somewhere in me, I felt as if it was the first warm meal I'd had in a long time. To me, it felt like home. I continued to spoon the food hurriedly into my mouth.

      "Woah slow down! Don't choke," Meliodas said a little shocked. I continued to spoon the warm meal into my mouth and licked the plate clean once I was done. 

      Suddenly, a tall man burst through the front door. The room fell completely still and silent.

      "Where are you, you little rodent," Twigo boomed. I jumped from my seat. 

     "There you are. Think you can slip from a Holy Knight's grasp so easily! Think again," Twigo laughed.