The Sin of Envy 7

Your POV

      I gasp as I shot up from my bed. My head was killing me and I felt nauseous. My memory was hazy...the last thing I remember was...Oh gosh...what have I done?

      "Oink! Hey Y/N how ya feeling?" Hawk said while trotting over to my bedside. I took a deep breath attempting to regain my composure.

      "I'm fine," I smiled.

      "Good to hear," Meliodas grinned from the doorway.

     "Meliodas! How are you feeling? When did you wake up?" I gushed.

      "Don't worry about me. I woke up just this morning before we left Bernia. Porky over here said that he found you unconscious next to me," Meliodas smiled.

      "Oh thanks Hawk," I answered awkwardly.

      "That's lord Hawk to you," Hawk huffed. I giggled in response before my laughter quickly faded away.

      "You good," Meliodas asked.

     "Oh yeah, I'm fine...it's just the uh...that whole thing in the village just got me feeling a little tired....that's all...Is Mead okay by the way?" I replied.

     "Oh yeah everyone's good. That Gulia girl is nowhere to be seen and all of the guards are gone. Plus a little bonus is they gave us a few barrels of ale," Meliodas grinned. I smile then look out the window noticing the scenery moving. Hawk's mom must be taking us somewhere. 

     "Where are we going?" I asked.

     "Well...I plan to go find all my buddies and storm the kingdom to figure out what's going on. But...to be more specific we are going to the forest of white dreams," Meliodas explained.

      "To find who?" I questioned.

       "You'll see," Meliodas grinned.

      I got up and then looked at my clothing. It was new and clean.

      "Don't worry I changed your clothes. I won't let Meliodas' grimy hands near you," Hawk snorted.

      "Hey! I'm trustworthy. I haven't even tried anything for a long time. Since...Anyway, I'll go scrub around the tavern we're almost there anyway," Meliodas responded.

      I watch as Hawk and Meliodas exit my room I breathe a sigh of relief. I don't remember all the specific details of what happened but I have a pretty morbid hunch of what did. My stomach churns in disgust. I need fresh air. 

      I head towards the balcony and then rest my arms on the railing. The wind cools me down and helps clear my head. I rummage through my pocket and clutch the pocket watch feeling around the cold hard, metal of the rim surrounding the main structure. I don't know how or why I have this pocket watch but it supplies me with comfort. It's the only physical thing connecting me to my past self before I lost my memory. It's proof that I had a life. Proof that I existed. And when I think about it...I haven't had that reoccurring dream since I met Meliodas. I carefully pull out the pocket watch. My eyes widen as I stare at the moving hand hearing a faint ticking sound coming from the watch. It hasn't worked since I woke up in Liones. In fact, I thought it was broken all this time. I examine it for a few minutes and notice that although the second hand is moving the minute and hour hands stay stagnant. 

      "Watcha looking at," Meliodas asked while looking over my shoulder. I jump startled and then quickly shoved the pocked watch into my pocket.

      "Haha...nothing," I smiled. Meliodas raised an eyebrow as his eyes darted up and down my body.