New Job?! 3

Your POV

      "Come on~ it was one piece of bread...wait....in fact, you can have it back," I said while tossing the loaf of bread to Twigo. Twigo quickly pulled out his sword and cut the loaf of bread clean in half. 

      "Well, that was unnecessary..." I grumbled. 

     "Enough! You will pay for your insolence!" Twigo declared. Twigo charged at me with his long sword and then swung it at me. I swiftly duck underneath the sword causing me to stumble back a bit.

    "Okay that's nice and all but can you take your fight outside the tavern," Meliodas teased while pointing to the door. 

     "How dare you speak up against me!" Twigo fumed while pointing his sword at Meliodas. 

      "Yeah...no thanks," Meliodas said while moving the sword away from his face. Twigo lifted his other arm and then swung it at Meliodas. 

   Quickly, Meliodas snatched his arm and then squeezed it.

      "Dude I'm telling you to leave for real. You might break something in my tavern and I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of asking you to pay for it," Meliodas sighed while scratching the back of his head with his free hand. Twigo shook his hand out of Meliodas' and then lifted his sword.

     "Well I guess I'll just lead you out," Meliodas grinned. 

      Suddenly, Meliodas grabbed my waist and then threw me over his shoulder like a deserted sack of potatoes. 

      "Hold on tight," Meliodas whispered. Without warning, Meliodas flew through an open window and then landed on the ground. Twigo, staying close behind, continued to throw insults. Meliodas swiftly retreated into a thick forest. 

    "Hiding won't help! I'll tear down this whole forest if I have to!" Twigo yelled. Sheesh, all this for a loaf of bread. The guy can't let one loaf of bread go. 

      My eyes widened at the oncoming white beam of light. Meliodas squeezed harder then ducked to the left dodging the strong bolt of light. I shut my eyes trying to protect my eyesight from the blinding beam as it tore through most of the forest. 

      "Were done for," I whispered. 

      "Wow, you're positive," Meliodas laughed. 

     "Hey! Move here comes another one!" I gasped.

      Meliodas continued to sprint at an alarming speed and then jumped out of the forest. 

     "What are you doing!? We're in plain sight now!" I scolded.

     "Don't worry about it. Trust me," Meliodas assured. 

     "Fine."

     It wasn't long before Twigo busted out of the forest. Meliodas dropped me to the floor and then stood firmly in front of the looming knight. I quickly stood up and then prepared my stance for battle. 

      "Ha! Two birds with one stone," Twigo chuckled. In one swift motion, I felt my world collapse around me as the ground shifted from the force of Twigo's blow. I felt a scream escape from my lips as Meliodas and I fell with the tumbling rocks and soil.  

      Once the ground is stable I open one eye expecting the worse but am instead greeted with Meliodas' wide toothy grin. 

    "Hey? You good?" Meliodas smiled.

    "Huh? Yeah...I'm okay. But...wait...how did we? How did I?" I stammered.

   "Don't worry about it," Meliodas chuckled as he once again threw me over his shoulder. Meliodas jumped back up to the now broken cliff. 

     "How? Whatever? Another hit should do the trick!" Twigo grumbled. Twigo lifted his arm and then swung his sword down sending another bolt of white light. Instead of receiving the blow, Meliodas swings a broken blade. Twigo falls back from the unexpected blow. 

      Meliodas points the broken blade at Twigo and then declared while revealing a dragon tattoo on his arm, "I am Meliodas, the dragon sin, and you are about to wish you just took that bread." Twigo's eyes widen in shock as he is sent flying into the forest by the sudden shock wave of power. 

     What in the world was that? The dragon sin? He is part of the Seven Deadly Sins? How can I convince him to come with me? Maybe I can take him to a Holy Knight in exchange for money? But I mean that would be kinda wrong he just saved me? Oh! But the money!

      "You okay," Meliodas asked breaking my train of thought.

      "Oh yeah, I'm fine...I'm just...Anyway thanks," I blurted.

     "It was nothing. No need to thank me but you are going to have to die now that you know my secret identity," Meliodas grinned while rubbing the dirt from his cheek.

      "WHAT?!" I exclaimed while backing away.

      "I'm just messing with ya...Oh...you got a lot of blood there," Meliodas said. I looked down at my arm noticing the huge gash with blood spewing from it. 

     "I'm not much of a medic but let me see if I can do something," Meliodas chuckled while tearing a piece of cloth from his shirt. He grabs my arm causing a tiny droplet of blood to flick onto his hand.

       All of a sudden, I feel a rapid pulsating force as if my heart was beating out of my chest. My vision gets a little blurry as I feel a clawing hunger churn and tear through my stomach.

"EAT"

     Meliodas looked into my eyes with a worried expression as if he felt what I just felt. 

     "D-did you hear that?" I questioned.

     "I didn't hear anything but I felt some sort of force," Meliodas answered. Meliodas stares at my cut as my skin sows itself together with a purplish goo. 

      "W-what in the!?" Meliodas and I blurt out. Meliodas looks at me wondering why I didn't know my body could do that.

     "Okay, what the heck is going on with me?!" I exclaimed.

     "Okay...calm down. You're most likely a demon," Meliodas answered.

     "A Demon?!! No! That's impossible! Sure, I don't know who I am or where I'm from! Or what happened to me! Or where I am! but-" 

     "Hold on...you don't remember anything..." Meliodas interrupted. 

      "Yes! I...don't remember anything-but can we not talk about this right now," I begged.

      Meliodas thought for a moment and then asked, "You have nowhere to go. You don't know who you are. You're lost...so why don't you work at my tavern?" He's not wrong. I have nothing. I might be able to earn some income or maybe even be able to give him to a Holy Knight if I get desperate enough.

      "Fine, I'll accept the job."