A New Member!? 8

Your POV

      "So what's the plan? Who's our next sin?" I asked while resting both arms on the railing of the balcony.

      Meliodas jumped on the balcony, slowly leaned close to my ear, and whispered, "It's. A. Se-cret~"

      I cupped my ear feeling startled by the sudden warm air gently tingling my ears as I flushed, "What the heck! Seriously...where are we going?" Diane quickly glanced at me in anger before she huffed and look away.

      Meliodas laughed then replied, "We're going to look for King."

      Diane stood up quickly causing the ground to quake before she suggested, "It's not like I'm against getting King before Ban...but shouldn't we get Ban first because he's closer and will King even agree to join us if we are going to get Ban too?"

      "Fair point," Meliodas frowned.

      Meliodas' frown quickly turned into a smile before entering the tavern. Diane shot another glare in my direction. This is definitely going to be a pain in the butt if I don't clear this up now...

      "Okay! Relax. There is absolutely nothing romantic going on between me and Meliodas. He's all yours," I clarified after rolling my eyes. Diane slowly leaned in while squinting her eyes.

      "How do you expect me to believe that? What do you think about him? Want him? Fantasize about him?" Diane questioned.

      "N-No," I replied quickly. Dang it. I didn't mean to stutter.

       Diane relaxed, then continued walking alongside the tavern, stating, "I really do like him, though. I'm not exactly what most guys would consider cute."

      "What makes you think that!? I find you cute, and it definitely won't be long before you find a guy that likes you back and finds you cute. Maybe even Meliodas," I assured. Diane blushed then grabbed the two ends of her pigtails fiddling with them, shielding her mouth.

      I beamed wondering if I could possibly become friends with Diane. What if I stayed with the Seven deadly sins? With Diane...and Meliodas. At least I get payed, I have a warm clothes, a roof over my head, a bathtub, and decently (disgusting) enough meals. Even if I hand them over to the Holy Knights would it be worth it. I'll have money but I'll just be alone again. Plus I've learned a lot of things about myself while being with-

      A loud bang followed by a squishing sound broke my train of thought. Hawk's mom abruptly stopped walking almost sending me flying of the balcony.

     "Woah! What they heck was that!?" I exclaimed as I peered over the balcony. All I could make out was a tall shadowy figure emerging amidst the large cloud of dust.

     Diane tried to see through the dust as she replied, "I'm not sure but I think Hawk's mom stepped on something."

    Slowly a stranger emerged from the dust covered in dirt as each bone and flattened limb snapped into shape. I stared in shock and awe. The stranger was wearing tattered brown pants which looked more appropriate for a sack of potatoes while his long beard and matted hair blew stiffly, in the wind.

      "Crap...I wanted to make a cool entrance but instead got my bones cracked and my ass busted," the stranger groaned.

      Suddenly, Meliodas zoomed past me then lunged of the balcony slamming into the ground. The impact created more flying debris and dust. A dark expression washed over Meliodas' face.

      The stranger quickly sucker punched Meliodas sending him flying. Meliodas dug his fingers into the ground to regain his balance.

      "Meliodas are you okay! What's going on? Who is this guy?" I yelled.

      Diane sat down and then sighed, "I wouldn't bother trying to get through to them. That hobo looking guy is Ban. Just let them get some steam out."

      "I'm guessing you didn't get much exercise in that jail cell your punches are getting pretty soft," Meliodas teased.

      "I wouldn't be so sure. I was just going easy on ya because it was the first blow. Now I'm being for real," Ban grinned while leaping into the air. Meliodas jumped after him before they both continued to send unimaginable fast and harsh blows sending shock waves through the air. My jaw practically dropped while I tried to keep up with the speed of the battle. Ban sent a blow which was quickly blocked by Meliodas.

      Meliodas kicked Ban sending him flying resulting in a sequence of blows where one person would go flying, come back, and then sent the other person flying.

     "Captain~" Ban cheered.

     "Ban~" Meliodas cheered. After a few minutes the fighting finally cease.

      "I thought it would never end," I yawned rubbing my exhausted eyes.

      "You get used to it," Diane shrugged.

      Meliodas and Ban laid battered and bruised on the floor heaving excessively. Meliodas slowly peeled himself off of the ground before extending a helping hand to Ban. Smirking ban gripped Meliodas' hand and pulled himself up.

      "Phew, I'm beat. Got any food?" Ban sighed holding his grumbling stomach.

      Meliodas smiled then leaped into the tavern, "Sure thing! I'll whip something up real quick." We all looked at Meliodas in unison with expressions mostly filled with disgust.

      "Yeah I'm good. I'll cook. I don't want the first meal outta prison to be glorified dirt," Ban remarked.

      A few minutes later we were all gathered in the tavern waiting for our meals while Diane was outside smoking a few wild mammals.

      I fiddled a bit with a stray napkin in my hand before I asked, "So now that we found Ban who are going to get next?"

     "Well I plan to stop at a nearby town for supplies before we continue looking for the other Sins. I don't have many leads at the moment but a town is a pretty good place to start," Meliodas responded while leaning back in a chair.

      "Foods done!" Ban hollered holding two tall piles of food in each hand. Ban titled his head over trying to avoid hitting the top of the door. I was shocked seeing him clean-shaven, with shorter hair, and wearing tight pants accompanied with an apron. 

     Melindas toppled of the chair startled by the sudden sound. I stared suspiciously at the plate of food in front of me. It looked good. Really good but so did Meliodas' food.

    I sliced through the tender chicken surprised at how smoothly the knife slid through. I carefully pressed my knife into the freshly cut piece of meat. Bringing the piece of chicken to eye level I waft, smelling the sweet aroma of well seasoned meat-

     "Yo, maid shove it in already," Ban barked.

     Startled, I quickly shove the food into my mouth.

     "Woah...this is really good Ban. And my name isn't maid. My name is Y/N," I said.

     "Don't be too hard on her Ban. She still has trauma from trying Meliodas' cooking," Diane giggled.

      Ban teased, slowly circling around the table , "I don't I think I'll use 'Y/N' I prefer something else like maybe maidy. Hmm no...spunky? I'll tell you when I think of one." 

      "Would you shut up!" I barked impulsively yeeting my plate of food at Ban. He quickly side stepped to the left dodging it. I immediately regretted following my impulse: One I wasted some really good food. Two I'm still hungry. And three it hit Diane.

      Diane slowly cocked her head to the side in anger before carefully brushing the splattered food out of her hair.

     "Woah...break it up guys. We're here," Meliodas chuckled.

     "Sparky...hmm...Barky!" Ban exclaimed. I sent a quick piercing glare to Ban before rushing to the balcony to look at the town.