• 17 •

Happy Sunday, lovelies 🥰

Thank you so much for
all the views, votes and comments! 💕
It really encourages me to continue
writing this story.

I'm honestly surprised this
story is doing well!
So thank you again and I
hope you enjoy what's to come.

In this chapter, you'll see Robert's
more emotional side as he talks
a bit about his past.

-♡-

We got to the underground parking level and made our way over to my car.

I don't know whether Jade noticed I was flustered or not, but I definitely felt it. Luckily, I had calmed down from my embarrassment.

"Hmm... Let me see if I can put this in the back" I said and went over to the boot.

"Okay, let me just grab my other bag" she said and took her hand luggage bag off of her suitcase.

I was unsure if this was going to work because my reserved parking slot is against a wall. The slots aren't that big and my range rover isn't exactly small, meaning I have to butt up right against the wall everytime. However, I managed to open it slightly and slide the suitcase inside.

"There we are" I smiled at her and shut the boot.

"Good job" she smiled back.

We climbed into the car in our respective seats, obviously me in the driver and her in the passenger.

"What's your postcode?" I asked as I started fiddling around with the dashboard screen to get the sat nav up.

She told me and I started typing it in. While I was doing this, out the corner of my eye I could see she had pulled something small out of her bag and was putting it on her wrist.

I eventually set the sat nav up and turned my head to look at what Jade was doing. By now, she had started putting another one on her other wrist.

"What are they?" I questioned out of curiousity.

"They're my travel bands" she replied and finished sorting them out on her wrists. "I get travel sickness, especially in cars, and these help stop it" she carried on explaining while looking at me.

"Ohh, that's clever. I never knew they did something like that. Do you find they work well on their own, or do you have to take a travel tablet as well?"

"They do work on their own, but sometimes if I'm not feeling great that day then I'll take a tablet as well, just in case."

"I see. Well there's sick bags in the glove compartment if you need them. They came with the car when I bought it, so they're fancy range rover ones" I smirked.

"Ooooh, fancy" she enthusiastically replied and placed her hot water bottle between her lower back and the backrest.

With that, I pulled out of my space and out of the underground parking.

***

About 20 minutes in, I managed to pull into a Starbucks drive-in. I just got a coffee while Jade got this fancy latte thing, and we both had a bacon toastie.

Honestly I ate it pretty quickly because I didn't want to stop for long. I just wanted to get to Dorset and get to Jade's place.

Anyway, we eventually made it onto the motorway, so the drive was a bit more relaxed.

The radio was playing and Jade and I were having the occasional chit chat here and there.