19.

*Trigger warring* ~ mentions of sexual assault\date rape, drugging, death of a loved one (grief).

*Christmas Day* ~ December 25th (time-skip)

Months after Zelda's death, Esther and her friends returned back to their classes along with their teachers at Greybatt just like they would've at the start of their first year. Dean Quintin organised a fun raiser at the university to rase money for a memorial garden to be build for passing students or teachers of Graybatt which was a success raising more than million pounds. She also undid many of Zelda's wrongdoings with the help if her magic.

Half of the money was used to fix the Accdemy's hall wall and window after Zelda's attack at The Halloween Ball two months ago. All the students and staff had left the university to celebrate the holidays and begin a fresh start previous events.

Esther and Justine had moved into a new home and had settled in well. The sun shined through in Esther's bedroom on a late Christmas afternoon., awaking her slowly from sleep, she turned to look at her alarm clock uttering the words "oh shit" realizing the fact she had slept in a few hours later than planned.

The raven haired girl leaped out of bed and jumped 3 feet off her staircase, startling her mother who was sitting reading the newspaper in her favorite lounge chair inside the living room.

"Honey please remember to warn me before you scary me half to death again" Justine pointed out resting the newspaper on the coffee table. "Because I'm still not quite used to having a teenage daughter who is now a werewolf" Esther wandered in to meet her mother in the living room with a guilty consciousness written on her face.

"You're right. I'm Sorry mom" Esther rebuffed taking a sat near her mom on the opposite sofa. "Merry Christmas mom" "Aww Merry Christmas Esther. Hey why didn't you wake me?" Justine explained tilting her head. "because I never how tried you were and I didn't want to disturb you. Just remind me when you slept in your crib as a baby"

Esther stretched her arms yawning. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and said to her mother wholeheartedly in a calm demeanor. "Why didn't you tell me the truth about Zelda?" Justine looked at her daughter with a sight of relief. Because she knew Esther had to know the truth once and all.

"Zelda had a borderline obsession with your father. And it started when him and I first started dating in our first year at Greybatt Academy. I was the only true friend she had in the whole world but our friendship turned dark when Evan came into the picture"

"Dark how dark?" Esther questioned raising a curious brow. Justine breathed. "Her behavior became odd, she started mixing up random dangerous potion virtues at her family holiday cottage in Yorkshire. Strongly convinced that your father would left me and fall in love with her and ride into the sunset with him"

The raven girl haired suggested
"So I'm guessing that of her plan didn't go too well" Justine shook HSR head. "And you would be correct. Zelda's plan didn't go as she wanted and that drove her insane. Because you're dad didn't love her and she couldn't stand the fact he was in love with me and only me"

Justine continued. Which is the reason why she drugged you're father and forced herself on him with his consent. She never bothered to read any of the virtues before mixing up them in a bowl putting it upon her lips and inhaling the unknown liquids into her lungs" Esther took it all in commenting nonchalant. "OK that's heavy"

"Unaware to Zelda drinking all of those virtues had a very permanent conscience. The magic from virtues had cursed her to be a werewolf'

Esther frowned "and that's why she bite me. So she could continue on the family name with the next generation" Justine acknowledged. "After you were born you're dad did all that he could to protect you from Zelda. He used protective spells, we moved to several places within a year, you name it he did it"