Chapter 4

Lily's Pov
~8.05 pm ~

Honestly, I'm not the type of person to always look at things negatively. No matter what, I try to be positive and make sure that I can assure the others and calm them down. However, right now I just can't help but look at this situation in distress. This is too much for me.

"That looks weird, we should head back," Emma sheepishly muttered. Deep down, I agree.

"Come on, don't be a coward," Eva rendered. This is not the time to joke, Eva. "We will just go and check if the person there saw the driver. That's all," Eva said. It seems like a good idea but who knows what is in there, worst case there could be spiders but that's impossible RIGHT? I feel so tired. All this thinking and walking around is so tiring.

"Let's go then," Carla whispered. Why is she whispering? Everyone trudged towards the hotel while keeping an eye out on the wilderness. Imagine a tiger jumps out from one of those clusters of trees and eats us all. Just imagining it already made my heart skip a beat. What would happen if it happened? Stop. Thinking. Like. That. We finally reached the patio which was demolished. I don't feel good. I feel sick to the stomach.

"Knock on the door Ryder," Eva commented. "WHAT WHY ME?" Ryder cried out. "Just do it," Eva directed. Ryder groaned and knocked on the door. We waited... waited and waited... but no one came. Ryder got annoyed and knocked on the door again. The echo of the knock-in this dark and secluded forest sent a chill down my spine. The door opened with a loud creak but to our dismay, no one was there...

Calista's Pov
~8.15 pm ~

What the? The door opened but no one was there? Is someone playing a prank on us? This is scary but since my curiosity gets the better of me, "Let's go in," I exclaimed. Everyone looked confused and stumped. Did I say something wrong? I mean we all decided to come here to ask the receptionist if they saw the driver and leave right away right? Why are they looking at me as if I said something wrong? Fuck.

"The door opened by itself and you still want to go in?" Emma queried. True. It is bizarre but we have no choice. We all crept into the hotel and the loud creaks of the wooden floor made it quite obvious we were here. Sigh. We saw a large table with many gizmos and gadgets on the table. A pure white telephone caught my attention, it looked like it was never used before. We were unable to use our phones in this forest because of poor signal and the lack of power stations to charge our phones. That's why we couldn't call our parents when the driver went missing.

"Welcome to Goodwill Hotel! Would you like to book a room... Or 8 rooms?" someone with an elated voice greeted us. That gave me quite a surprise considering the contrast between the vibe of this hotel and the enthusiasm of this 'person'.

"Not really, we are just here to look for someone," Carla claimed. Thank god she spoke up. "Oh dear, how could someone go missing at such an hour and in a dangerous place like this? Who are you looking for, dear?" the receptionist replied sorrowfully.

"Our driver, Mr. Charles Jones," Carla said. "Charles Jones... Charles Jones, ah I found it," the receptionist called out while tracing her finger over her logbook I assume.

"He booked a room for all of you to stay the night!" she rejoiced. Why is she so happy about it? "I'm sorry but I don't think we will stay the night, we need to meet him. He's been gone for so long and we are all very worried," Carla replied. She always says the right thing.

"Oh? I saw him go out a couple of minutes ago, don't worry he will be back. In the meantime, all of you look so tired and worn out, you should get some rest. Please don't worry about the money or anything, it's all free!" She proclaimed. Free? Who in the world would give hotel service for free? I am very suspicious of this woman.

"Otis, psst! I am very suspicious of this woman. I don't think it is safe for us here. Let's go back to the van," I whispered as quietly as I could. I don't want her to hear me. "Come on, she seems so sweet. Let's not worry too much. Moreover, the driver will be back," Otis answered. Maybe he's right.

"I am really tired, can we just stay here for the night only?" Ryder said while yawning. This son of a bitch. Lily, hesitantly, nodded to what Ryder said. I mean there is no harm in staying here for the night with this sweet lady right?

"My name is Meredith by the way! Just call my name and I will be there," the receptionist assured. Meredith is nice. She started brisk walking up the stairs and signaled us to follow her. We all glimpsed at one another and started walking behind her. The hallway was pretty. It looked much more unique and antique on the inside, unlike the outside. I love it.

"This will be your room! Have a great rest and call my name whenever you need me," and with that, she walked away down to the reception. We unlocked the door and what we saw was beyond our belief. It was truly breathtaking. The beds were flooded with many comfortable pillows and huge blankets. You could say it was a little girl's dream bedroom in reality. Emma and Alice squealed and jumped on the beds. After such a tiring day, we deserve this, don't we? I was settling down and unpacking my bag when...

"ARRRGGGHHH!!!" What the hell was that sound?