Chapter 5

Eva's Pov
~8.45 pm ~

What the fuck? What was that? It seems like it came from upstairs, probably from a man.

"Guys, I am scared now. Who is that? Someone go check please," Emma said with a slight tremble. Carla looked like she was about to stand up to go out of the room and I just can't let her go on her right? I am quaking in my boots but there is a part of me that wants to know who it was. I stood up and asked Ryder, Otis, and Carla to come along and the rest to stay in the room. If we all go, we would risk all of our safety. Emma, Alice, Lily, and Calista looked discomforted and concerned about whether something might happen to us. It is normal to feel that way, I would be feeling the same way if I were in their place but there is nothing wrong going on here. Meredith seems like a sweet and caring person who is only doing all this because she cares about us. There is no way something disturbing would happen around here. At least, that is what I believe. Carla slightly opened the door and peered outside. At first, it looked like no one was there. Thus, the four of us crept out the door slowly.

"Where do you think you are going?" Meredith from behind the door questioned us. WHEN DID SHE COME HERE? "Oh, uh, we were just getting some water," I instantly replied to her with whatever came to my mind first. Water? Seriously? "Oh, why didn't you tell me? Come on follow me," she exclaimed and started brisk walking once again. It's surprising for someone her age to be this enthusiastic. The others looked at me and frowned. I saved y'all's asses from getting slaughtered by the way! They turned and started following Meredith and I had no choice but to do the same as well. She climbed up the staircase and walked towards the room at the end of the hallway. This hallway is much less maintained and decorated than the hallway our room is in. This one has much less thought and love put into it as if it was built in a hurry. It looked incomplete though it was. The run-down walls were quite a treat. Meredith opened the door with a bright grin on her face and uttered, "the water is here, whenever you feel thirsty just come up here!". Ryder and Otis took the water bottles and drank almost half of the bottles. They must have been thirsty. I noticed a little disgust on their faces though, is something wrong with the water? I scanned the room and the hallway and noticed a room that looked like most of the rooms in the hotel but... The energy it radiates is not as pleasant as the others. I am curious now.

"Meredith, what is that room?" I queried. I mean there is nothing wrong in asking, right? "You are forbidden from learning about that room, and do not even think about going in there kids," she ordered. Everything just went silent. Okay damn. This just piques my interest even more. "Let's go back down," Carla voiced out to break the silence. All of us nodded and started heading down. We trudged to our room and creaked the door open. The other four had worried and troubled looks plastered on their faces. Once they saw us, they brightened up with beautiful smiles. Otis, who was behind us, shut the door on Meredith's face. Kind of deserved.

"Found anything?" Alice asked. "I mean the water tasted very weird," Ryder responded with a shrug. What does he mean by that? "It tasted so bloody? I don't know what I am saying," Otis added. What the? All our eyes were wide open and started glancing at each other in confusion. "That is very weird. No one drinks the water for now until we find out what is in it," Calista commanded. Right. I want to tell them. I have to tell them.

"Guys... I know it might risk our lives but we have to find out what is in that room upstairs..." I mentioned. I mean we have to find out about it, we can't just let it be, right? Who knows, maybe it has to be the key for us to leave this dreadful forest.

Carla's Pov
~8.45 pm ~

"Are you literally out of your mind? Are you thinking of getting us killed?" I yelled at Eva. This place is already scary and suspicious enough and this bitch wants to go explore even further?

" No, no, there might be something hidden in that room which might help us escape, or maybe we could even find our driver there in the worst-case scenario," Eva retorted. I cannot do this right now, I am exhausted and mentally tired from all this. I need to rest.

"If you wanna go, go alone. Don't you dare drag any of us into it. Guys let's just sleep, wake up in the morning and get the fuck out of here," I commanded. Eva looked amused and started glancing around. Did I make her anxious? Fuck. Before I could say anything to her, she turned around quickly and hopped into her bed. Did I hurt her? Shit. It's okay, I will just talk to her in the morning.

"Guys, don't you think we should keep a lookout just in case something happens while we're sleeping?" Lily questioned. She's right. "Well, we could take turns throughout the night, two people each hour," Calista suggested. Yes.

" Okay then, Lily and Calista are one team. Eva and Ryder are the second. Otis and I are the third. Emma and Alice are the last ones. We'll go in this order one hour per team," I said. Everyone nodded in harmony as a response.

" One more thing. If ANYTHING happens, wake everyone up. If we go down, we go down together" I asserted, and just like that everyone except Calista and Lily was snoring their asses off in the nice cool air which filled the large room. We deserved it.