Chapter 6

Calista's Pov
~9.00 pm ~

It was scary. All alone with only Lily by my side. Darkness overflowed the room with only candlelight beside Lily and me. It was creepy and eerie with only the sound of the rustling of the leaves outside the window to keep us company. The rest of the group was sleeping and the loud snoring from Otis was really 'refreshing'. I would have never believed anyone if they had told me I would be in this situation with my friends two years ago, but here I am.

"HAHAHA!" That was loud. I got startled and looked over at Lily. She is sleeping. Girl. I quietly crept to the door and heard some loud chatter. It sounded like a group of people around the same age as us. Maybe they could help us get out! I quickly rushed over to Carla and shook her till I could no more. The girl was hibernating. I gave her a good slap because that seemed to have worked on Eva earlier.

Carla woke up with a sudden jerk and scanned the room. "There is nothing here but, listen to the noise that seems to be coming from downstairs.." I whispered as quietly as I could so that I wouldn't wake up the rest. " What the hell are you talking about? I got so scared," Carla quietly shouted at me. I forcefully took her arm and pulled her towards the door and ordered her to put her ears close to the door. The intricate designs of the door do seem to stand out in the dark as the gold lining shimmered in the darkness. She did as I told her to and the bewilderment in her eyes was something that gave me the chills.

"They sound like people our age," she exclaimed. "Exactly!" I said, pleased with myself that I was able to help. "Let's wake the others up," Carla whispered. She, without hesitating, switched on the lights and shouted to everyone in the room which caused them to wake up abruptly. Sorry, loves.

"Rise and shine bitches! We found something that could potentially help us find the driver and bring us back home," Carla said with a little warmth in her voice. It was relieving. "The fuck you talking about?" Eva queried while rubbing her eyelids with her fingers. "We heard some kids downstairs, they could bring us back!" Carla replied. Lily's and Emma's faces lit up and they started squealing. I let out a sigh of relief as I believed it was finally time to go home.

Otis's Pov
~9.20 pm ~

Ryder was pacing back and forth in the room, tapping his finger on his chin as if thinking. I mean what is there to think, am I right? We finally found some people who could help us so why were we hesitating to go? "I say we do it together," Eva finally said, breaking the silence. She always knows what to say. I nodded in response as she glanced toward me which made her grin. We were the type of friends who love to tease and bicker with one another as a way of showing that we care and appreciate one another. Even though we don't agree all the time, we always work together and do the right thing, and right now, the right thing is to go and talk to these kids. I immediately stood up and started straightening my T-shirt as it got crumpled when I was sleeping. Following me, Ryder, Carla, Lily, and Alice stood up with a determination that could be sensed in every corner of the room.

"Let's go," Eva uttered, walking quickly to the door. We left Emma and Calista behind since we were afraid there might be too many people downstairs which could risk the chances of people getting hurt. The door creaked open and we all scattered out of the room like spores in the wind. I let out a huge sigh of relief since Meredith was nowhere to be found and continued down the hall to the staircase which we climbed some time ago. The rest followed me, watching their every step and movement to ensure we wouldn't get caught. If Meredith saw us outside of our room ever again, she might as well kill us. She seemed pissed the last time we tried going out. We climbed down the stairs as discreetly as possible though the squeaking noises of the stairs were too loud to even bother but there they were.

There were 3 teenagers, all of which were tall, to begin with. One of them was a girl, with black hair who looked extremely confused when she spotted us. One of the two guys had black hair and gave me a pleasing smile that made my heart flutter. The other one had dark brown hair and seemed to be preoccupied with Meredith at the reception. The five of us climbed down the stairs and walked towards them.

"Looks like we aren't the only ones here," says the girl. The guy with the brown hair swiftly turned around and looked surprised. "What are you doing here?" Meredith said abruptly, standing up from her chair behind the counter and striding across to our side of the counter. Everyone's eyes followed her like lions' eyes following their prey during hunting.

"Didn't I tell you to sleep?" She uttered. Lily nodded but didn't seem to be worried about what Meredith thought anymore. "It's alright, they seem to just wanna make friends haha! My name is Iris, this is Axel and that is Ezekiel" the girl introduced. So, that's what his name is, Axel. Nice. A sudden kettle whistle pierced my ears which caught me off guard. Meredith sighed and walked toward the back of the building to, I assume, switch off the kettle. The other group and we were the only ones left in that huge lobby.

"Our driver went missing so we came here to see if Meredith saw him," Iris explained. What? Their driver is gone too? That's weird. "Our driver went missing as well! Did you try looking around for him?" Carla asked. Ezekiel and Axel exchanged glances and one of them finally spoke up.

"We tried but... We couldn't find him, we walked for a bit thinking that he might be close by but we only came across this hotel," Ezekiel clarified. The fuck, this same thing happened to us as well. It's so strange. "Let me guess, Meredith asked all of you to stay for the night as well? Saying that you guys might be tired or something along those lines?" Eva queried. "You're right, what the fuck is going on? How did you know?" Ezekiel questioned with a puzzled look on his face. Iris was just observing all of this.

"She said the same thing to us," Carla retorted. Everyone glanced at each other, before coming to the same conclusion that something fishy is going on here and that Meredith is probably playing along. "What should we do?" I asked while covering my face with my hands because this was too much for me in just ONE day.

Just like that, everything was quiet. It was pin-drop silent to the point I could hear the breathing of everyone around me and there it was, the moment that it all, seriously, started going downhill. The moment that we never realized, would change our lives forever.